PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit visits

Craggenmore
6th Jan 2005, 18:45
I was wondering which countries still allow cockpit visits during flight. This was taken only 3 days ago.

Airliners.net have many many pictures.....

like this......... (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=749048)

Would this be from a crew member on the jump seat or are some countries airlines still 'free' to view?

Thanks for any help

Craggs

Gerard123
6th Jan 2005, 19:24
Apparently you are still allowed to visit the flightdeck on local flights in South Africa.

The last time I went ,by request, was on a night landing in Jo'Berg in a BAC1-11, that was 3 years ago.

I visited the flightdeck of the Lebombo ZS-SAN an SAA 747-200 during it's final passenger flight last year, but it was a special flight so I don't know if it was an exception. Plus I knew the pilot which helped.

Jordan D
8th Jan 2005, 09:56
I know that BA don't do visits during the flight, but if you ask nicely (like I did), they might give you one once the aircraft is on stand. Although the screens aren't lit up and have things going on, its something nonetheless.

Jordan

Beechdrivr
8th Jan 2005, 15:46
Yeah, unfortunately that's not the case in SA anymore but they are more than willing to let you in after the aircraft is parked and all the pax have disembarked.... but it's not the same when everything is switched off though!

I do know of a mate of mine that was let into the cockpit of a Nationwide flight to LGW not so long ago.

the flop
12th Jan 2005, 23:04
I just flew to NZ on QF744. The FO let me sit in the left seat in the cockpit after we landed, and commented that he couldn't even get his son in the cockpit during flight.