PDA

View Full Version : Chanex to lease Turkish A300F

ALLDAYDELI
4th Jan 2005, 17:43
Channel Express applied for authorisation to wet lease a 3rd party (TC-ABK or subs) Turkish registered Airbus freighter. Saw it today on the UK CAA website. It looks like it is for limited time in Jan only, to cover for what mx work on existing G-reg fleet?

Fried_Chicken
4th Jan 2005, 22:03
It operated the CGN-EMA-CGN flight today for Channex (who in turn operate the flight for UPS)

Fried Chicken

CargoOne
4th Jan 2005, 22:41
I bet Channex internal production costs are more than Baron/KUZU's ACMI rates for the open market. One day they will become EU operator...

UPSAirOps
4th Jan 2005, 23:57
Channex are using the a/c whilst, I believe, there is an engine change on one of the regular A300s that services EMA.

Will be resident at EMA as per the usual Channex branded A300 until probably the end of next week.

haltonapp
10th Jan 2005, 14:06
If UPS start a european registered fleet based in CGN how will this effect Channex who have loyally supported UPS over the last few years? On a more positive note at least that will be jobs for JAR pilots and not more americans stealing our jobs!

Mr Angry from Purley
10th Jan 2005, 18:01
UPS
Its still at EMA, guess its covering a C Check rather than an engine change?

UPSAirOps
10th Jan 2005, 23:27
As far as I am aware it's to actually cover a "complete engine overhaul". Since I'm not too technically minded I'm not too sure how long such a process takes so it may in fact be due to something else.

Operating under EXS6565 with tail number TCABK until the end of this week then I'm pretty sure it'll be back to the 'normal' a/c.

ALLDAYDELI
11th Jan 2005, 07:56
wouldnt it have been easier to lease an engine in ??

UPSAirOps
11th Jan 2005, 17:00
I'd have thought so - as it is we have a knackered A300 which needs an airstart every night and about 27 crew members to boot!

woptb
11th Jan 2005, 21:31
When UPS are able to operate JAA reg A/C EXS (& most of the rest!) will be gone!. UPS have nil loyalty, as EXS found out to their cost last year!. The only loyalty they know is to the 'mighty' yankee dollar!.

UPSAirOps
11th Jan 2005, 23:59
Thought some may be interested in this - TCABK tonight returned to EMA after takeoff citing undercarriage problems for their return. Expected to be taken to MAN for repairs but looks like it'll be out of the picture for the time being.

Contingency arrangements mean another A300 will be servicing EMA until the regular Channex a/c returns. Unsure of these arrangements as yet, but none of tonight's volume went out to CGN, should be heading out in a few hours time apparently.

On top of that, SRR6541 had to return to EDI due to a Star Air engineer leaving a pin in the nosegear so that was late into EMA/out to CDG.

When something goes wrong, it all goes wrong.

:(

almost professional
12th Jan 2005, 07:28
glad I was not on the night duty!

Diabolo
12th Jan 2005, 12:17
Yesterday MNG Cargo did the Flight CGN-EMA-CGN as they were scramble to back-up Kuzu A300.

Fried_Chicken
12th Jan 2005, 14:15
TCABK positioned to Bordeaux (from EMA) this morning as KZU9301
TCKZU arrived (at EMA) from Amsterdam this morning as KZU520 to take over the rest of the short lease

Fried Chicken

CargoOne
12th Jan 2005, 15:05
Engine overhaul time varies, but the range starts with CFM56 at ~50 to 60 days. CF6-50 takes longer.

cargohappy
12th Jan 2005, 17:55
yes and east ramp space was at a premium last night