PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Island

CaptCloudbuster
4th Jan 2005, 01:14
Quite a while back there was with great fanfare an announcement that Richard Branson was buying his staff there very own island....

I'm interested to hear if any staff actually got to use it or if it was just more of the usual hype/ b**sh*t :hmm:

sinala1
4th Jan 2005, 01:19
Island was purchased then the local council informed him that it was a Heritage area (or similar? open to correction)... either way no further development was allowed to take place, only refurbishment of the exisiting house on the island!

Do'h

:ouch:

Johhny Utah
4th Jan 2005, 03:19
gee, that sounds almost as if the island was never meant to be used by the staff - surely it wasn't a form of off the books bonusfor someone's favorite Chief Executive was it....? :rolleyes:

wirgin blew
4th Jan 2005, 05:27
Rumour has it that this resort will be up and running this year some time. Cant remember the exact reason off the top of my head but I'm sure the council would have been in on the act. Those dirty old buggers up there would no doubt want an invite to see our lovely ladies getting round in there beach wear.

:cool:

tobzalp
4th Jan 2005, 06:13
I saw Sir Richards Island in the Carribean on a Travel show on Foxtel. US$75000 a night and you can hire the whole thing. Looked pretty sweet.

schnauzer
4th Jan 2005, 08:26
Bugger. When I looked at the thread title I pictured a beautiful south pacific island covered in exotic virgin girlies.

And all thats here is that dopey branson joker. Thats no fun.

Frank Burden
4th Jan 2005, 08:40
schnauser,

Caution, warning zone on tone and level. The Woomeri can be nasty if one refers to other than chaste women.

Well me, I've been chasting them for years with moderate success I might humbly add.

Frank

Metro Boy
5th Jan 2005, 02:39
The story I heard was that the island is flood prone and therefore cannot be built on.