PDA

View Full Version : NAC career pilot program

EINN
3rd Jan 2005, 10:38
Just wanted to know if anyone is going over to NAC any time soon? I am starting their career pilot program in Feb.

If anyone is, give me a shout

EINN

Squak2002
3rd Jan 2005, 12:14
Hey,

Just over here now on the ATPL groundschool. Will send you a PM later this week with some details on whats its really like over here!

All the best,
john

Boeing737
3rd Jan 2005, 12:29
Hi there john.When i finish college in june, i would probably be looking to head out there.I have searched the forums on NAC and gained some insightful pertinent information.I was wondering if you could Private Message Me also and let me know how you are getting on?:O
All the best with your training and Best wishes for the new year :ok:
Slán,
keith

WX Man
4th Jan 2005, 21:25
Yes, it's perfectly credible that "graduates" from NAC are working for RYR and BAW. Pilots working for these airlines must have trained somewhere. And, the last time I looked, NAC were approved to teach courses which would make you eligable to work for an airline.

What's more important to an airline is the quality of the applicant, the quality of the training (perceived or otherwise), and the continuity. Even if you did your course modular, in several circles the doing the ATPL, then the CPL, then the IR, then the MCC all in one shot with the same training provider is seen in a very favourable light.

African Drunk
6th Jan 2005, 10:22
"Even if you did your course modular, in several circles the doing the ATPL, then the CPL, then the IR, then the MCC all in one shot with the same training provider is seen in a very favourable light"

Which companies would these be?

WX Man
6th Jan 2005, 15:57
BACX, for a start. Ian Cheese said so at a talk he gave at Aeros in Gloucester before Christmas. Currently in BA (mainline) John Monks is, apparently, in a minority in favouring Integrated only for their few-and-far-between low hour intakes.

African Drunk
6th Jan 2005, 16:28
Ian unfortunatley doesn't have much say until interview. Who passes through to interview is down to mainline human remains (HR).