PDA

View Full Version : Chat 'HttpServlet address not specified'

cargosales
2nd Jan 2005, 16:36
Help please,

Anyone know how to solve the 'HttpServlet address not specified' problem?

I did post this in the Chat FAQs but didn't get any replies :( so sorry to post it again as a new topic.

Any help gratefully received. (I did download / install the Java stuff but that didn't solve it)

Thanks

CS

cargosales
8th Jan 2005, 15:51
please!

CS

drauk
8th Jan 2005, 16:18
How about giving a bit more specific information so that people can try to help? What site is giving you this problem? What's the specific URL? What browser are you using? What operating system? Versions of each? Are you using any protection software which could be messing it up, like Zone Alarm or Norton Internet Security?

cargosales
9th Jan 2005, 13:34
The site / url is just the normal Pprune chat one

The PC is running Windows XP Professional and the browser is standard WE 6.0

When I'm logged into Pprune, I click on 'chat' link and it opens the pprunechat.php window with the grey 'connect' button.

A minute or two later it comes up with 'HttpServlet address not specified'

Actually it reads Java.lang.Exception 'HttpServlet address not specified

Virusscan Enterprise 8.0.0 was set to on-access scan. I disabled it but it made no difference.

Ports 20, 21, 80 and 6666-6669 are all open and the only one that is blocked is 25.

Is that any help?

CS

swh
10th Jan 2005, 09:22
cargosales

In my experience this is due to proxy/firewall issues.

Try turning off your firewalls and start them up again when you have a connection and store that connection as an allowable one.

The digichat server is not the same as the pprune server, you need to make sure you have allowed java content from the digichat server.

I suspect if you try and load the demo room from www.digichat.com thats on the LHS of the openeing page you will get the same error. So that would mean the problem is between your machine and digichat.

:ok: