PDA

View Full Version : Regionals in NZ

PitterPatter
2nd Jan 2005, 07:00
Happy New Year Everyone.

What is the latest on the Regionals in Godzone?

I hear that Eagle are having interviews in mid Jan, and MtCook are sucking up quite a few from Eagle and Origin.

What are the current requirements for Regionals?
Are they still after 1500 total / 200 multi?
Do you need all those exams done?
Will AirNS be loading up on crew for the fleet replacement? Are they managing to find the numbers they are after?

I have 1200 total, but having trouble getting multi.
Any suggestions????

Gravox
3rd Jan 2005, 00:50
With all the employment at Big Brother (AirNZ), how long is it anticipated for a command at the regionals?

Do Air NZ Link have staff travel on AirNZ, domestic and international? Do all of the link regionals have a senority in AirNZ?

Cheers

CT7
3rd Jan 2005, 03:45
A Command, well that depends on if you're keen to move about for the jobs. At Eagle it's faster than Air Nelson (or used to be?) some guys have got them on the SAAB within 4 years. And NEW Dash-8's soon.
On the B1900 a Command could come a bit sooner. But it's still a B1900.

Yes Link (Nelson, Eagle & Mt Chook) staff do have Air NZ Group Staff Travel. No to Group senority.

Freedom, who are part of the Air NZ Group don't have Air NZ Staff Travel but do have senority - go figure! Oh, and you have to cough up for a type rating. But they are geting 4 A320's this year.

vedder
4th Jan 2005, 02:13
Origin ran a J31/32 course during December, not sure if anyone taken on yet. Air Chathams ran a Metro course in November I think three have started already.

Not sure what most regionals requirements are for ATPLs but if you want to make a career in an airline you will need them, so you may as well do them now! They are not hard, just take up abit of time. You certainly won't feel like doing them once you get there.

CT7
4th Jan 2005, 06:23
I can but heartly agree with Vedder re the ATPL subjects.
Use those quiet days or the dead time on charters to get them done because once you're in the "airline" swing, time goes elsewhere.....

vedder
4th Jan 2005, 09:54
Also, There are plenty of guys/girls in airlines going like mad trying to get them done with commands coming up. Much easier just having them to begin with!

Some of them can be quite practical too, like: law, met, systems and will really help with line training.

flying ginge
4th Jan 2005, 19:47
No one taken on yet from last origin 31/32 course. Hopefully not long too long now...:bored:

Cloud Cutter
10th Jan 2005, 02:14
Time to command at Eagle seems to be about 1 year at the mo. Current F/O minimums are around 1000 total and 200 multi for Eagle and Origin. Mount Cook and Air Nelson are still up around the 1500/500 mark I think.

Eagle interviews today-wednesday. Lots of expats I hear, difficulty finding suitable applicants at home maybe?

As others have stated, ATPLs are very important if you're approaching these minimums. Let the good times keep rolling!!!

tinpis
10th Jan 2005, 02:19
Just out of curiosity whats the make up ofthe pax on these regionals? Cow cockies, tourists ,biker gangs ?

Cloud Cutter
10th Jan 2005, 03:48
All of the above plus business commuters.