PDA

View Full Version : Local Lad at it again

thinking pilot
2nd Jan 2005, 06:19
As per NT News Sunday 2nd Jan

Ouch! Pool prank hurts

Pilot Stefan Wood is recovering after a Boxing Day mishap at his two-storey house in the upmarket Darwin suburb of Bayview. Friends were showing off jumping from his verandah into the swimming pool when the businessman upped the stakes by clambering up a ladder and plunging in from the rooftop. He suffered a spinal injury and spent the night in Royal Darwin Hospital's intensive care unit. Girlfriend Alice Burton insists Stefan survived the rooftop plunge but hurt himself jumping on someone in the shallow end.

vh-oja
2nd Jan 2005, 07:29
"Stefan survived the rooftop plunge but hurt himself jumping on someone in the shallow end."

:{

Well if at first you don't succeed try and try again i guess. Forgive the pun, but can anyone else predict a Darwin award arriving in Stefan's mail sometime soon?

maxgrad
2nd Jan 2005, 07:55
vh-oja
I believe that to receive the Darwin Award you req. at least a semblance of a brain. When a person in this state atains this much sort after award they can then be called totally blo#dy stupid. In this person's case there is no brain evident therefore the award is out of the question.

Ultralights
2nd Jan 2005, 22:57
and he is also NOT dead, you have to remove yourself from the human gene pool to recieve one, you can do this 2 ways, the most commo is dying, the other is removing your reproductive abilities doing something stupid! (eg jumping over a barbed wire fence and ripping your testicals off because you saw a kangaroo do it in a comic!)

tinpis
3rd Jan 2005, 00:04
Hope youre well soon HA.
Saw Wicking yesterday and was tempted to ask him about having you immortalised in NT News cartoon history.
But then I guess theres no end of clowns in the big white building in town for him to have to worry about new material.

Woomera
4th Jan 2005, 02:27
HA contacted me to advise he is alive, well, uninjured and on a fishing trip.

He suggests, as a number of others have previously suggested, one shouldn't place too much credence on Northern Territory media reports.

Woomera