PDA

View Full Version : The Human Fly on SBS

dogcharlietree
2nd Jan 2005, 01:15
Did anyone tape The Beach Boys on SBS Sat 01 Jan 05 at &:30pm.
It showed The Human Fly on his DC-8 (I think). I would like to get a copy please.
Thanks.

Ultralights
2nd Jan 2005, 22:05
i saw that, he was on a 707! simply amazing! basically the aircraft completed 1 low speed circuit with him on it! sadly i couldnt tape it as i was at a holiday beach house!

John Eacott
2nd Jan 2005, 22:43
Certainly saw it, the 707 doing a low circuit, gear up/flaps down was a sight to behold! The Human Fly appeared to have a bulky chest protector under his garb, but goodness knows how he breathed without a mask ;)

I recorded it, but erased the hard disk only this morning as I thought the Beach Boys were not at their best in concert....:ugh: At least, not compared to the show in Melbourne last year, which was a ripper :ok:

dogcharlietree
4th Jan 2005, 08:23
Sorry Guys. Hate to be pedantic, but it sure looks like a DC-8 to me.
This is 'The Human Fly', whose real name is Rick Rojatt. The aircraft is a DC-8 which is cruising fairly low at 250 knots, flown by Clay Lacy at the Mojave California 1000 air races;

http://www.dc8.org/library/unusual/index.php
http://www.mojave.ca.us/museum/photos-cftc-airraces.htm

Ultralights
5th Jan 2005, 06:52
707 dc-8 same same:}

Eastwest Loco
6th Jan 2005, 11:15
Yep dog

Das ist ein DC8 - no question. The fuselage crease, later seen on the DC9, and the intakes either side bottom lower nose are signatures.

Less pretty than the 707 with the antenna mounted pointing forward from the tail fin, but solid and businesslike.

Best regards

EWL

nomorecatering
12th Jan 2005, 21:04
Well we have found the ideal solution for oversold flights.

Would be a blast to do a circuit like that.

Where do I sign up.

Kris Lovell
25th Jan 2005, 13:10
707 dc-8 same same

:confused: :confused: :{ :{ :{ :bored: Where is the love!:sad:

Granted a Boeing , Douglas and McDonnell aircraft are all same same now, but once upon a time... they were very different....

Kris