PDA

View Full Version : Float Plane Endorsement

ilovemycessna
31st Dec 2004, 23:06
Just wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about float plane endorsements. Where is the best place to get them? how much they are? whats the best aircraft to be endorsements on? and if there is much employment if you have very little float time? Any help would be greatly appriacated

Cheers ilmc:cool:

DragonflyDH90
1st Jan 2005, 01:38
Check your PM's, should be able to help.

And for anyone else out there try getting in contact with Phil Kean, Southland Air Services in Invercargill.
He operates a C206 , and is very experienced as weel as being a hell of a nice guy.

CaptainToBe
1st Jan 2005, 10:34
Try Bill Lane, he operates out of Nelsons Bay. He did my endorsement a long while back, i thought he was excellent. He advertises in the aviation trader, definitely worth looking into. All the best, Safe Flying!

captain marvellous
1st Jan 2005, 12:03
That'd be Nelson Bay.

(I don't usually go in for correcting spelling mistakes, but the chances are that this isn't a spelling mistake - it's more likely a misconception, and is the number one way to upset the locals.)

And yes - Bill Lane is a legend. :ok:

goldberg
1st Jan 2005, 23:53
How about employment, is there many jobs out there on sea planes. Are they hard to find / hard to get??

goldberg

CaptainToBe
2nd Jan 2005, 07:00
From what I have heard, its harder to get into due to the fact that everyone has high minimums, and getting those minimums is really hard.

captain marvellous - i stand corrected:O

Dixons Cider
2nd Jan 2005, 08:40
Howdy

Tried to find some info on Bill Lane's operation in Nelson, no joy.

Can you tell me what he does the float endorsements on??
Cheers

captain marvellous
2nd Jan 2005, 19:26
This info is 18 months old --

Cessna 172 Hawk XP - VH-THD

Mobile 0412-961 947

And just to confirm - he's at Nelson Bay, NSW, Australia --- not that other place in Enzed with a similar name.

Dixons Cider
3rd Jan 2005, 08:00
Ahhhh so thats why I couldn't find it. Dohh

Cheers Capn' Marvy