PDA

View Full Version : OE Problem

YYZ
30th Dec 2004, 18:31
I have had a new broadband provider loose on my PC and now i cannot access OE? It states there is an error and to reinstall?
I have reloaded a new platform (windows ME) and the latest OE 6 download from the various updates but still an error?

What next, I only have a recovery disc and the new ME platform which i thought would of restored OE?
Where do i get a new copy of OE so i can reinstall?

Anybody know whats going on....

Thanks
YYZ

cossack
30th Dec 2004, 19:28
I had OE problems when I did an "over the top" upgrade to XP from 98SE. No matter what I tried and where I looked, the solution could not be found. There were always missing files and OE could not be started. Sound familiar?
I ended up going down the clean install route and everything is OK again.

YYZ
31st Dec 2004, 14:00
I have now removed OE and reinstalled using the control panel & I still have the same problem? I do not know where my copy of OE is, If i load my recovery disc this will wipe everything and reinstall which is obviously no use?

Mike
Thanks for the info but i have installed ME not XP and it has different requirements to XP?

Anyone else have an idea?

YYZ

maxell
31st Dec 2004, 16:25
try this (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/) instead of outlook express may save you a clean reinstall of windows ME, and you can migrate your address book etc from oe

YYZ
1st Jan 2005, 13:57
Cheers Maxwell

Thats done the job!
Wonder what problem will be next:rolleyes:

YYZ