PDA

View Full Version : Violence At Forrest River

Troopy
30th Dec 2004, 09:24
Hi Guys
Today was a hell of a day for the Wyndham pilots one of our guys was punched twice and had rocks thrown at his plane and another was threatend that he was going to be killed.
Just wondering if any of the ex WYM pilots have had similar experience with Tony Clarke he seems a real Crazy.

Flights have been suspended for three days so that'll stuff up their NYE celebrations and charges pressed.

Over my time I have experienced quite a few threats but the mood over there at moment is serious:ouch:

V1650
30th Dec 2004, 11:26
Ah, the good old days and they seem like they never change at Oombie.

I had many various experiences with oombie mob and Tony Clarke was only one of them and Im sure it involved something with a bit of fire water to get him stirred up.

I had the threat of rocks thrown at my aircraft, came close to a few punch ups , all par for a days work in Wyndham. But its the best flying I have done to date.

Troopy
31st Dec 2004, 00:55
I just found out that the guys at Alligator and Slingair have stopped flying to Oombi. I would like to say thanks to those guys for supporting us at the moment. With you guys we have a bit more fire power and hopefully we can now solve this issue quickly :ok:

Willie Nelson
31st Dec 2004, 03:43
Ah sweet memories:(

Turns out the grass is greener boys :cool:

tipan13
1st Jan 2005, 00:16
I had a similar expeirence on christmas eve in 01 in Wyn. The airport was a sea of green can and I loaded up a 207 with a few locals and some food and a lot of red and green can. Whilst i was charging down 30 I felt something flash past me. I happened to be a fist which conected with a native "copilot" next to me I aborted the take off and pulled over on the taxi way and kicked them out . Not with out them trying in vein to kill me. The gentleman just happened to be none other than The man himself Tony Clarke

hoss
3rd Jan 2005, 07:57
"quench his thirst for this bizare fetish".

I was on an overnight in DBO a few months back walking round the main street one Thursday night and was propositioned by four drunken gins:ooh: .

I managed to talk my way out but seems to me like TL could be in Heaven;) .

Had to laugh the next day as the Captain and I had both 'done time' in Derby and brought back heaps of laughs of nights at the Boab and the Spini:) .

alidad
5th Jan 2005, 09:32
You blokes should follow the lead of one of Maxine's past pilots: make LOVE not war................Hey Maxeeeeeeeeeeen, you wanna meet ma liddle boy- 'is name "CLEARPROP". But in the rarified atmosphere of a -400 cockpit one tends to forget where their aviation roots are.............................

Zhaadum
5th Jan 2005, 12:48
"Nuke them from orbit... It is the only way to be sure."

Corporal Hicks, Aliens.

Why go to Oombi if you get this bull**** all the time?
Let them buggars rot there. Its not worth your life/injury etc....

drshmoo
7th Jan 2005, 04:34
One of my Passengers of Kalumbaru Vintage once told me (after claiming the whole area north of kununurra to Kalumbaru as "his land") that the Oombie was called "Temptation Island" - "cause dats where all da gunja and dem loosest women are!". For interests sake he was in a neck brace on a hospital run.

Zhaadum - on the money, nuke from orbit

tinpis
7th Jan 2005, 04:43
No wash yer face no muddaplane eh

Seems ta be the way at the moment.
Worth a try.

Checkerboard
8th Jan 2005, 03:22
Troopy- Can relate to that one mate!! Tony Clarke, when he is not on the piss (not very often), can be a nice bloke, unfortunately like all of them.......a few red can and they will swing at everything and everyone.

Good idea on the ban, its a pity operators have to take the action to try and control things in these communities the cops and elders should be doing their part.

And to V1650 I feel very sorry for you, if wym has been your best flying to date!! I cannot imagine what other jobs you have had!:}