PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live??

J32/41
28th Dec 2004, 08:01
I want to connect to Xbox live but my PC and modem are upstairs and my TV and Xbox are downstairs, Whats the best way to connect someone did mention to me a wireless router but I dont really understand all that stuff. Anyone done this or know how to??

Thanks

mikeddavies
28th Dec 2004, 12:02
Yes - you need a wireless access point for your modem and a wireless gaming adaptor for the X-box. My son and I did this for a similar setup - his PC/modem downstairs, X-box/TV upstairs. He used a Netgear combined ADSL modem/wireless access point/4port router (DG834G - 802.11b & g) at the PC and Netgear gaming adaptor (WGE111) onto the X-box. Its just simpler to set up the combined modem/router/access point rather than separate units. I prefer to use wireless hardware from one manufacturer as it should be compatible! Hardware would be different at the PC if you have cable broadband and/or just want to add a wireless access point to your existing PC/modem.

Hope this helps

MikeD

TR4A
28th Dec 2004, 19:51
I used a Wireless Bridge with my wireless router. This was just before the Wireless Game adapters became available.

Or you could run a Ethernet cable from upstairs when you play online.