PDA

View Full Version : Ex - RAF/RN/AAC = Quality Instruction?

Diamond 'katana' geezer
27th Dec 2004, 23:01
Hi all,

I am about to jump into the depths of schools and the various ways to get yourself into debt doing it, before that, one question.

Schools with Ex-Military Instructors seem to me to be able to provide better instruction purely because of the very good name military flying commands. Is this correct?

Many issues have been raised as I’ve asked people about this. Answers ranging from 'Yes, definitely much much better' to 'Average, need a good mix' to 'No, keep civil because that's what your learning'.

I have my personal opinion and understand that every instructor is different military or otherwise, but a school with an Ex-military CFI, for example, seems to me to have a person that wants to be there, years of experience, generally been there and done that, and is not in any need to make a huge wage, and is there because he/she wants to be there, and so will always speak on an completely unbiased base. Is this true?

Finally where are these wonderful dream schools? (Yep it's one of those posts!) ;)

Thanks
Geez :cool:

scroggs
28th Dec 2004, 00:36
Try this link (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121132)

Scroggs