PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the 7s...

Bucking Bronco
27th Dec 2004, 18:04
Hi there

I'm looking at trying to get 4 tickets to the Seven's. My contact in HKG who got me the tickets last year can't get them this year. Everywhere I look seems to point to official tour operators who charge for a package - I'll be using staff travel and hoping to get a deal on a hotel.

So can anyone help/point me in the right direction?

Cheers

BB

Can England do it again without Lydon at the helm?

spannersatcx
28th Dec 2004, 09:03
I think you are too late all tickets have been sold only tickets are available through tour operators.

Ticketing Update
13 DECEMBER 2004

Following the Sevens Festival of Tickets & Tries on Saturday, 11 December 2004, all 4,000 tickets for RWC Sevens 2005 made available to local supporters were sold.

Tickets are still available through the appointed overseas travel agents.

The allocations for all the different categories of supporters to fill the 40,000 seat Stadium have now been filled.

Approximately 75% of the tickets have gone to the Hong Kong market, through the HKRFU's Member Clubs and Associations, its Sponsors, Patrons and Public Sale. The remaining 25% have been distributed to the International Rugby Board's Member Unions, Participating Teams and the Official Travel Agents.

The HKRFU do not expect there to be any substantial number of tickets being returned but in the event that this occurs, details for their allocation will be publicized on the official website and media.

The HKRFU are aware that there will be a significant number of disappointed Sevens supporters in a year when demand for tickets has far outstripped supply but trust that they will understand everything possible has been implemented to distribute RWC Sevens 2005 tickets fairly and with plenty of prior notice.

rwc 7's (http://www.rwcsevens.com/Tournament+Central/News/131204+ticket+update.htm)