PDA

View Full Version : PPL before Jerez Modular

GRANTS
27th Dec 2004, 11:15
Hi Guys,

I saw that Jerez do no provide PPL courses prior to their IR AND CPL Modular courses.
how mush it cost to get a PPL in Britain? (minimun flight time)
would it be better to isue it down in Spain?
what are the hiring costs for a single aircraft?

Thanks a lot,

Grants

window-seat
27th Dec 2004, 12:03
Grants,

45 hours min for JAR PPL - will cost you around £5,000 GBP. in the UK. The main problem here is the weather. If you were very lucky in the summer, it could be done in around 5 weeks. But I would be prepared for it to take a couple of months!!!

W-S.

GRANTS
27th Dec 2004, 12:44
Looks like Spain is better here.

thanks,

Grants

'I' in the sky
27th Dec 2004, 14:48
Grants,

If you're seriously looking at going on to do CPL and IR, don't just get the cheapest and quickest PPL you can find. You might aswell learn the correct basic flying techniques right from the start whilst you you are paying PPL training prices rather than paying CPL prices to unlearn the crap you have been taught and then relearn it properly.

GRANTS
27th Dec 2004, 18:01
Sure you are right about that.
do you know a good place in Spain?

Grants

The Butler
30th Dec 2004, 17:14
Hi Grants, sorry but its pretty unlikely that you will be able to do modular at Jerez after your PPL. Try a search on this, you'll find that people try for it but then find that Jerez aren't really interested. I also tried and was told that there weren't enough people interested so it couldn't be done. I suppose you could round up a few people and give it a go, but even then something tells me there might be another excuse, sorry reason. No harm in trying, but don't get your hopes up.

'I' in the sky
30th Dec 2004, 19:28
Grants,

No, sorry, not really clued up on Spanish PPL or modular training, although I maybe have one possible lead I can ask. Might have to bear with me on that though 'cos I think the guy's in England at the moment.

Have Jerez told you they definitely can't do it ?

Quite a few modular CPLs and IRs have been completed over the last year and whilst under the old BAE Systems regime modular might have been a dirty word, the new management have a more constructive attitude towards it.

EGAC_Ramper
30th Dec 2004, 20:55
Well they weren't very constructive or receptive towards me with regards to modular CPL/IR :hmm:

Regards

GRANTS
31st Dec 2004, 01:41
As they post in their web-page they offer only advance training such as IR, CPL, MCC...
I'll discuss everything with them as soon as they are back from holidays.
hope we'll manage something.

"I in the sky", do you instruct at Jerez?

modular is my second best of course, but I know I don't have many chances to pass the aptitude tests, as English is not my native language and fast Math is not one of my bests.
I am going to give the test a go anyway.

Grants

Lightheart
5th Jan 2005, 16:09
Grants,

I have information on Aeromadrid PPL in Madrid (they have two) and Modular courses in FTE, Jerez.

If you PM me an email address I'll forward them on to you.

Regards.