PDA

View Full Version : MoD Life Jackets

Arctic Tern
26th Dec 2004, 11:17
I need some information on the Mk45 life jacket that will shortly come into service to replace the Mk25, Mk30, Mk31. Has anyone got photos or line drawings they could send me - or a link to some good info.
Also, I need a good quality close-up photo of the antenna attachment point on any of the 'in-service' life jackets.

Many thanks
Arctic

ZH875
26th Dec 2004, 12:01
If its not a daft question ....WHY?

Stitchbitch
26th Dec 2004, 12:43
Indeed why...are you a wanna be squipper?

Arctic Tern
26th Dec 2004, 15:25
Sorry Guys, forgot to say that I'm doing some work on safety equipment for one of the big manufacturers and need some help.
Secretly I am a squipper wannabe - each night I dress in a rubber bag and soak myself in salt water. I've got a gimps mask aswell!!!

ZH875
26th Dec 2004, 19:33
Industrial Espionage eh!;)

Always_broken_in_wilts
26th Dec 2004, 20:40
Squippers........industrial:E yeah right:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

PICKS135
27th Dec 2004, 10:07
Squippers........industrial yeah right

Where alcohol and chocolate are concerned they are :-)

Stitchbitch
27th Dec 2004, 12:46
I'll take the alcohol, but pass on the chocolate...thats for one man one fan boyz only!

Arctic Tern
27th Dec 2004, 17:32
OK, I give in, I can see I'm going nowhere with this. How can you sad gits turn an innocent request for info into a discussion on chocolate and aircrew perversions?

effortless
27th Dec 2004, 17:47
OK, I give in, I can see I'm going nowhere with this. How can you sad gits turn an innocent request for info into a discussion on chocolate and aircrew perversions?

This has got to be the silliest question ever asked on this forum. :D lolol

Soiled Glove
28th Dec 2004, 17:29
I suugest Artic Tern that you contact Beaufort in Liverpool and ask them for the details - after all they design and supply nearly all the of SE for military pilots.

If you want a tour 'back in time' I suggest you visit their factory - a collection of 2nd World War buildings on the edge of Liverpool - an eye-opener I can tell you!

Stitchbitch
29th Dec 2004, 02:55
Soiled glove has a point, however I haven't heard of the MK.45...So, I can't help you...It must be the fast jet fleet's spanking new LSJ (squipper talk for life jacket) pity we're soon going to be looking after Mk.60's! Also try ML lifeguard, if they are still in the biz. Soiled Glove...you aren't on the fin are you? Just I remeber a story involving the F.3, a nav, a Gioa trail and a flying glove...:ok:

Soiled Glove
29th Dec 2004, 07:10
Sorry to shatter your illusions but I'm not on the 'Fin' - even if I was I would never admit to it!!

Sounds like you have a tale to tell though!:\

Anita Bush
30th Dec 2004, 16:43
Hey Arctic

Nice Beard;)

Could be the last?
30th Dec 2004, 20:01
If you require specifics on the Jkt plus pics etc, speak with the AEA&SE Trials Office at SCSR. They will be able to give you everything you need.
If you have any problems then email me direct.:ok: