PDA

View Full Version : REX and JETSTAR questions.

Still Lookin'......
24th Dec 2004, 13:57
Hi all. I have done a search on both these airlines but haven’t found information that is as current and as specific as I need.

I would like any pilots who work for REX and JETSTAR to post examples of their rosters. I am specifically interested in the number of overnights per roster AND how many overnights would be in succession.

Also, Rex lists Sydney, Orange, Dubbo, Lismore, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Melbourne and Adelaide as their bases for pilots. I’d like to know if they base their new recruits at any specific location. If not, what DOES influence where you are posted to once you are newly employed? What are the chances of getting transferred to a preferred base after a period of employment? Also, I can’t seem to find where Jetstar base their pilots and would like to know the same about where their new employees would be based.

Also, please give me an idea of the general working conditions and how you enjoy (or don’t enjoy) working for the company.

These queries are genuine and I would really like some good information. I have a young family and would really just like to settle down after years of following work around the country. I know you’ve all been through this before and I respect that. I KNOW you ALL know what I mean, so please help me out.

All the very best to all of you for Christmas and the New Year. Please stay safe, especially on the roads, and I hope 2005 brings you all what you wish for in life. :ok: :D

stuck
25th Dec 2004, 00:34
Gday still lookin, merry xmas to you!

as for rex, depends on the base as to how many overnights, if in sydney, then around 3 - 8 per month is standard, with maybe the same amount of reserve days a month. IN succession? Up to 3 , but usually only single overnights. Country bases do very few overnights, dont know about the VIC or SA pilots.

Great place to work, very friendly atmosphere, both in and out of the cockpit! lots of good people who are more interested in getting the job done than bitching about politics!

PM me if you want.

stuck

Still Lookin'......
25th Dec 2004, 11:55
Thanks heaps, stuck. Just what I need. :ok: Check your PM's.

Any more input, possibly from VIC and SA bases? Any info on progression, turnover of staff etc?

almostthere!
27th Dec 2004, 05:18
my latest hearing on where jet* base their pilots (or at least their a320 ones) is to be bris and mel

The Monst.
30th Dec 2004, 23:13
I assume the admin and recruiting staff are all on silly season hollidays at the moment. Not interested in Jetstar, only REX and Eastern. Anyone know when they'll be back and contactable?

Be good tonight, everyone. A safe and prosperous 2005 to you all. :D :ok: