PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAR conversion

Bula
24th Dec 2004, 01:19
FAA to JAR Conversion... with the new JAR's in place would anyone have the basics on how to convert between the two?

Tinstaafl
24th Dec 2004, 05:40
What new JARs? AFAIK there hasn't been any great change wrt training/converting since they were introduced.

Use the search function & you'll find **heaps** about converting.

haughtney1
24th Dec 2004, 14:26
Bula......

Basically mate you have to complete the whole gambit....14 JAR exams
CPL flight test
LST flight test
Multi IR flight test

Budget on getting no change out od £15-20k

have a look on www.caa.co.uk under the licensing section.....its all there

cheers

H

Bula
27th Dec 2004, 02:47
thanks guys.
There was a loop hole between Holding an australian ATPL, converting to the FAA fairly easily then an easy conversion to the JAR that someone told me that I'm trying to source.

I'll let you all know if I find anything substantial

Tinstaafl
27th Dec 2004, 04:31
Doubt you'll find anything. There were rumours of such a thing years ago but no one ever seemed able to confirm it. **IF** it ever existed then it was more likely during the transition to JAR when things were a bit topsy turvy.

redsnail
27th Dec 2004, 10:03
Bula,
There is talk of "streamlining" the FAA to JAA conversion. That may come in during 2006 or something. However, if you read the proposal very carefully very few people will benefit. It's not unlike those guys with 3000TT with +1500hours in command on +30 tonne a/c etc only having to do 2 exams. (in the UK).

From memory, the proposal was fine untill you wanted to add a multi pilot a/c to your licence. Then you basicly had to have done the 14 exams.

It's a great shortcut but benefits very few.

Have a look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1431973#post1431973). "Billiebob" has a good handle on it.