PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Program (PLEASE HELP)

ohanho
23rd Dec 2004, 08:44
Hi, my name is Samson, i am 16, living in Vancouver, Canada. I have great interest in being a pilot. I've heard about and researched on the Cathay Cadet Pilot Program, and is attrated to it. Since i am 16, one more year remaining before i enter university, I have a few questions to ask regarding my future of being a pilot.

a) Should i get my degree in university b4 apply for the cadet program, Do i have a good chance of successfully entering the program with out any science degree, or flying backgrounds?

b) Will flying experieces (CPL, PPL, and other license) benefit me in getting me into the program more successfully?

c) Since all the interviews and testing take place in hongkong... Should i come back to Hong Kong after i graduated Secondary School and apply (if i fail the interviews and testing then im screwed), or stay in Canada to get my university degree first?

d) Did anyone (if somehow u guys know) with no flying experiences or university degree got accepted into the Cathay Pilot Program?

I really want to be a pilot but dunt really want to spend like $50000 (us) to go to flight schools for 2-4 years. So if u guys have any recommendations, opinions, answers, please reply.

I appreciate any comment. Thanx

hekokimushi
23rd Dec 2004, 09:23
you should have post this in the Fragrant Harbour Wannabe Forum. lots of info there!

for one you must be a HK resident to apply for CX cadetship

a) degree not essential. note the min education requirement is only HKCEE, but lots of graduates are also pilot wannabes... and if one had to choose, both with no experience, one has a good degree, and the other has not... u know who to choose.

b) flying experience will definitel shows that you are keen in aviation. but obtaining licences will not benefit you. they expect you to know your stuff extensively. so if u do not, it may discount you.

c) if you get invited for an interview that is, you would have to go to HK for several stages of selection. if you are interested and keen, you will not think oh... i am screwed. i have goals to achieve, and if you really want it, cost for a ticket to HK is nothing.

d) can't answer, i do not know

US$50k is a bargain. we in the UK cost an equivalent of US$120 for a integrated ATPL course.

nelson