PDA

View Full Version : Air Engineerz

RCOV 2 ENG
20th Dec 2004, 16:35
:confused: :ugh:

As the Air Engineer Trade is now in it's final stages at Cranditz, and the trade being over-borne, and now 206 Sqn disbanding in the Spring , it seems that there are going to be a lot of Eng's fighting for seats, or for tee-off times!

I wonder if the powers that be realise what an important asset they are? I know I do! Good job boys:D

minzastella:cool:

BEagle
20th Dec 2004, 16:59
Yes indeed!

Frequently the sage voice of considered wisdom which would moderate the antics of young Flt Cdrs emulating the behaviour of Tiggers on springs to impress the Boss!

Even if the odd one or two on certain fleets did rather reek of wee and whisky! RIP, General Willie!

dopeonarope
20th Dec 2004, 17:14
In the same vein, how is the manning for Loadies on each type? I am planning to return to the fold after my sujourn to Canada and wanting a feel from the SH world as to manning. How does the draw down of Pumas affect levels? Also being one big WSOP bag how does the kipper fleet change affect the overall picture on all types.

Any help would be appreciated

Hoist to crew winching over and out!:cool:

FE Hoppy
20th Dec 2004, 18:19
If any of those Air Engs would prefer to live in Switzerland and teach ground school rather than chase a small white ball around they should drop me a line sharpish.

Throttle Pusher
21st Dec 2004, 17:22
The Air Eng trade is only just in surplus and that includes the commisioned bretheren. With FSTA slipping further to the right and the Tri motor and 10 being extended not to mention Nimrod R, the "E" brevet will be around for a while yet, (got a stash from stores that will see me through.) Looking forward to the p**sup next year.
Being an air engineer is like driving a Wells Fargo stage coach. Spend most of your working day sat behind two horses arse.:p

Avtur
21st Dec 2004, 19:12
Throttle Pusher is right, however (some of) the C-130 K, the Sentry fleet, and, dare I say it; the lack of MRA4 appearing before 2017 (??) should be added to the list, which will help see the second oldest flying branch (Feb 1941) keep the most brazen flight commanders and horses arse in check for many more years to come.

Door Slider
21st Dec 2004, 22:16
With the forth coming draw down of the kipper fleet and engineer branch there are plans for some personnel to come across to the ALM fold. I'm not sure on the manning levels on the fixed wing fleet but on Rotary all Sqns are under manned. I know some guys from Kinloss who have been to Odiham and Benson for a look at the rotary job and will be coming across soon.

dopeonarope
22nd Dec 2004, 14:19
Thanks Door Slider,

Is the drawdown of Puma going to help the manning levels for crewmen at all?

Are the OCUs fully booked or lacking on crewmen levels for the next year? SH & SAR

What is the time spent away each year on average; on those lovely Dets Mr Bliar keeps sending HM Forces on?

How is the fixed wing fleet looking for manning?

I am planning to return to the loadie world after leaving 3 years ago (grass is not always greener (snow is definately whiter here though!)) and trying to get a feel how SH and SAR are running for manpower.

Hoist to crew winching over and out!:cool: