PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for multiple types?

16 blades
20th Dec 2004, 14:13
I have been told that a 757 rating qualifies you for 767 as well. I'm not sure about my source (he's a bit of a nobber, so may be talking out of his hoop). Is this the case?

Are there any other ratings like this that qualify you on more than one type? Thanks for any info.#

16B

Gin Slinger
20th Dec 2004, 15:00
Boeing 757 & 767 have a common Type Rating, although I think a 'differences' course is required.

To convert from B737 300/400/500 (colloquially known as 737 Classic or EFIS) to B737 600/700/800 (NG or Next Generation) again just requires a differences course. This differences course can consist of simply a technical briefing, possibly an exam and a single simulator session. To fly them concurrently, your 6 monthly simulator checks alternate between the two types.

B737 and B757/767 require separate Type Ratings, although I believe it is feasibly possible to hold both Type Ratings and fly them concurrently, although I don't know any operators who do this at the moment.

I *believe* the Airbus Fly By Wire (FBW) family (A320/330/340) all require separate Type Ratings, but due to the overlap in the flight deck design and systems commonality, the amount of training that is required to switch from one type to another is minimal and they can be flown concurrently.

Hope this is useful.