PDA

View Full Version : AIP Aerodrome Data

Port Strobe
19th Dec 2004, 15:55
I'd like to know if there is any way that I can find out at a glance when any of the aerodrome data charts have been updated so that I don't have to open each of them up. I'm mainly referring to the instrument approach charts. I notice there is an issue number at the bottom of the page for each aerodrome but I'm unsure as to whether this gets changed as soon as ANY of the charts are updated or only if there are fairly major changes, hence I still need to look at them and compare the date of issue in the top right corner.
No doubt there's a simple solution for this but it eludes me so far, so if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful thank you. I have checked the AIS help but that wasn't very helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Jinkster
19th Dec 2004, 19:19
I have an old-ish copy of the AIP on CDROM. If you send me a PM with the aerodromes you are looking for I'd be welcome to email the charts to you.

Jinkster

ESSEX BOY
19th Dec 2004, 19:32
All of the AIP's can be found on the same website as the Notams,

just Register/Login (for free) ... and go to AIP's and the AIP package !

you do need Acrobat reader i beleive !

AIP's / AIC's / NOTAMS !!! (http://www.ais.org.uk)

EB:ok:

High Wing Drifter
19th Dec 2004, 19:43
'd like to know if there is any way that I can find out at a glance when any of the aerodrome data charts have been updated so that I don't have to open each of them up.
In the AIP you can look at the upcoming AIRAC changes valid for 28 days from issue. Goto AIP, AIP Changes, AIRAC. Alternatively keep an eye each month on changes to AIC Green 58 via the AIC Cover Sheet.

Port Strobe
20th Dec 2004, 00:22
Thanks for the replies guys. HWD has hit the nail on the head with what I'm after, thanks to all that replied, and thank you for your offer Jinkster but I am now up to date with all the charts I need, this afternoon's labourious session was the inspiration for my post! :ok: Cheers