PDA

View Full Version : Cabair (CCAT)

c152pilot
19th Dec 2004, 14:13
Hi,

I am going to start my ATPL course at cabair on the 7th Jan, and i was wondering if anybody else is?

C152pilot

Jinkster
19th Dec 2004, 19:20
Just finishing myself (with a modular course), hopefully this week or a few weeks into the new year!

Have fun!

Jinkster

mip
26th Dec 2004, 21:27
I've just finished there. Your group will consist of people who have just finished the 7 week course (8 exams) and new people like yourself (starting on the 12 week course). There is a proposed number of 20 for the group(inc 2 women). The remaining lads are all very friendly. You will be fine.
Don't be expecting any great formal introduction, I think you have to be there about 8.15 and the first lesson is at 8.30.
Good luck!

patthecat
29th Dec 2004, 20:57
hi c152pilot,
i am going to start the integrated course at cabair on the 7th of jan aswell. See you there..

Dom McNeill
1st Jan 2005, 21:32
I am seriously considering taking on the Integrated course with Cabair.

Can you lot give me some advice and infor,

How are you funding the course?

ANd is the assesment difficult (for someone with A Level physics, maths and biology)?

Cheers.

Dom McNeill

Foz2
2nd Jan 2005, 10:21
As long as you've got £50k, your in!!

patthecat
3rd Jan 2005, 17:59
Dom McNeill,
If you have A-level physics... you should breeze the science/maths entrance tests.

You also need a class 1 medical before you are accepted on to a course which you have to undergo at Gatwick airport.

Finally the biggest hurdle for anybody not born with silver spoon in their mouths (if you did then good for you!) is the money.

I worked as a programmer for 4 and a half years to save up for the minimum 50K (Include accomodation / food and any resits on top of this). The last thing i wanted to do was take out a loan from HSBC and pay 50K + interest whilst under the pressure of trying to find employment. It took an eternity to save up but at least now i am not under any great pressure to quickly find a job and have 4+ years of IT experience to fall back on.

However please dont let that put you off. If you want to become a pilot anywhere near as much i do then do absolutely everything to achieve your dream.

Good luck mate.

22to355
5th Jan 2005, 19:32
Hi all,

Its only 19 weeks.. Keep your head down study hard and you will be ok.. Its a memory test!!! I finished this time last year and now in full time job. the system works so good luck!! The instructors are all very good. Just remember they are all from a military background so be on time to lessons and try not to brass them off. They are there to get you thro..!

Get into MK and have a few beers at weekend its a great place. even if Cranfield village it's self is a tad depressing!!:ok: