PDA

View Full Version : Type qualification with Cathay

kerosen
16th Dec 2004, 20:10
I would be happy to get informations about length and content (sum up...; ) of training programs for the friegther type qualification on 747 for those who are working for CX. (Preparing interview).
Thanks for coop!
Fly safe!

colts19
21st Dec 2004, 04:53
Get the book, "Flyng the Big Jets" . Available at Amazon.com Read and study this book from cover to cover..learn or refresh all you can on High speed aerodynamics. also learn engine diference , ie: Rolls Royce as opposed to GE or Pratts...MNPS and RVSM airspace requirements. And get a sim guide and if possible get a couple of hours of sim time in a B-747 Classic sim.. The sim ride is 75% or better on your eval score.
Now if you make it here..the training is tough actually not much training, have to be totally self motivated to make it through and let a lot of intimidation roll of your back. But once on the line you will enjoy most you fly with.
Presently I see the airline in a growing pains mode, struggling bettween the ols ways of doing things and the new methods and requirements of the 21st century.. This airline was really a boys club at one time and in some cases still is and like any club many oppose change.
Overall I like it, been here a while now. Also if you are hired remeber one thing...OIC. Yes sir , yes sir three bags full....lol Good luck, hope to see ya out there.

expect to be in HKG 4-6 months, about 11 writen exams in all 10 sim sessions check rides, 25-30 line sectors the whole way being prodded by the devil.. remeber your military boot days?

Altyre
21st Dec 2004, 08:25
Actually, I think the book you really need is "HANDLING the big jets" by D.P. Davies. You can order it here www.transair.co.uk

kerosen
21st Dec 2004, 17:01
Thank you for these informations guys. I hope to be with you soon. Very motivated but quite hard when you are not a native english speaker...Fly safe!

Altyre
22nd Dec 2004, 12:04
If you look at the bottom of my posts, you'll see that I come from the same place as you and still got invited and made it through round one. I don't think not being a native english speaking is a flaw with CX, I know a few French guys who were hired, some Swiss, Spanish, Portuguese...
As you said, stay motivated!