PDA

View Full Version : PPL Training in Australia?

KiloXray
16th Dec 2004, 11:35
Hi all,

I will be travelling to Oz next year and I am hoping to spend some time completing my PPL whilst I'm there (progress is too slow in the UK!!). Is there anybody who knows of any flying schools, (ideally in the Adelaide area) or can possibly point me in the right direction (or even recommend a school, based on past experiece ;) ) So far I've been told about a school at Parafield but have not had chance to investigate further yet.

Obviously, whilst I'm guessing that the chances are slim, I'd also like to continue from where I will have left off with my JAA PPL, but if that's not possible in Oz, then does anybody know how easy(!)/difficult it will be to convert!?!?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated...

TIA!

KX

Charlie Foxtrot India
16th Dec 2004, 12:44
Any training you have done so far will be credited towards the hours requirement for the PPL in Aus. As we have a competency based syllabus, you will also have to reach the required standards in the various units.

If you finish your PPL here and want to fly back in Old Blighty, you can fly there on an Aus PPL, there is no need to convert, however you will need to have a flight review every two years to keep it current, an excuse to return to Aus!

The problem here at the moment is that it is taking two months to get a student pilot licence here :* so you would need to allow plenty of time to process that. Maybe by next year it will be quicker....? Our government think that all pilots are terrorists.

I'm not in Adelaide but if you PM me I can give you more info if you like.