PDA

View Full Version : Sydney accomodation short term

qantasgal
16th Dec 2004, 05:06
Hi, does anyone know of any accomodation in sydney thats on a short term basis, Im basically just looking for a room somewhere quiet for 3 months. I have transport, but would like something that is reasonably priced and within about 40 mins travellling time to mascot. Private message me any details, thanks in advance

7gcbc
16th Dec 2004, 09:13
Qgal,

I can personally recommend http://www.glenferrielodge.com/

I stayed there over a 3 month period commuting fron ADL, its Clean, cheap, cheerful, breakfeast included, and more to the point it is very quiet, only a very pleasant ferry 7 mins from circular quay, and you don't even need a car if you catch the train to mascot.

its also just around the corner from little "honest" jonneys gaff, (you could nip in for a cuppa and a chat about tampa, refugees, etc etc ) and you get discounts for block booking, its basically a backpackers but you get your own room for 50 odd bucks a night, (weekends are cheaper i think) 2.5 star as it says , but lets face it...........sydney prices and all that!

other suggestion is to try whotif.com, but thats hard unless you have lastminute internet access.

avoid the budget accom around moore park & kings cross etc , you just dont want the hassel.......honest

cheers

7gcbc

qantasgal
18th Dec 2004, 20:46
Thanks for the information :O