PDA

View Full Version : virgin airlines in space...

darrylj
15th Dec 2004, 17:29
Branson reckoned that he wanted his own pilots to fly the commercial versions of spaceshipone. Whats the chance of him doing this ?

:)

Notso Fantastic
15th Dec 2004, 18:30
If he's willing to buy the machines himself, the odds get better. If he can get around the visa problems of having furriners flying US reg air/space machines on US territory, they improve slightly. As to basing the machines in the UK, I don't think so! Can you imagine the noise lobbies, the mums with prams demonstrating at the danger of these rocket fuel laden ships flying over little Jimmy's school? No way.

So it's really a non-starter, but great publicity eh? Just like so much the man does- publicity with a talent!

Ace Rimmer
16th Dec 2004, 13:40
Hmmm getting a Space Ship One type certified with EASA. THAT should be entertaining.....

Might be better off getting some of those yet to be hired guys from the yet to be started Virgin USA to do the aviating/astronauting...
:O

Of course they'd have to have a US passport

Now then

Dear Richard
All my friends and family reckon I'm a bit of a space cadet so whaddya think........:ok:

Pnooze
17th Dec 2004, 11:42
One of our 340 captains is the "project pilot". Spoke to him downroute in LA where he is most of the time. No reason why VS flightdeck won't operate them. How many will bid is another matter!!