PDA

View Full Version : Update NAIPS User Program (NFW 3.3.1)

omni
15th Dec 2004, 09:04
New version of NAIPS for Windows pilot user access program is out.

NFW Version 3.3.1 installed ok here.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/brief/iecs.asp

Cheers!

Sunfish
15th Dec 2004, 21:19
Thank You very much.

Pharcarnell
16th Dec 2004, 02:31
Tried to download following this link, froze the computer solid.

Must have made a mistake thinks I. Accessed the link from the ASA site direct, SAME. And I do mean SOLID, Ctrl Alt Del no response.

Be careful if you try to download onto a machine doing something important, it could stop dead.

Pharc

Capt Claret
16th Dec 2004, 02:47
Downloaded from the ASA website, no probs. Actually received a phone call from ASA part way through download, advising of availability of download!!!!!

Biggles_in_Oz
16th Dec 2004, 09:44
I had no problems with the download, just the installation.
ie. it wouldn't install on a WinXP SP2 system.
The installation program started then vanished.
Had to revert to V3.3.0 which reinstalled happily and still works ok.

Mainframe
16th Dec 2004, 12:19
Biggles

I had no problems downloading and installing on Win Xp (Home Edition) with Service Pack 2.

There was however an ASA warning that you MUST first remove / uninstall the current installed version using Control Panel / Add Remove Programs / etc.

RTFQ / RTFM comes to the rescue yet again. (Read The Jolly Question / Manual)

Up and running OK, and all user info ( Aircraft files, Flight Plan files etc) saved and still valid.

Biggles_in_Oz
16th Dec 2004, 19:15
Mainframe.
There was however an ASA warning that you MUST first remove / uninstall the current installed version using Control Panel / Add Remove Programs / etc
I did uninstall V3.3.0 first., what I didn't do was a restart before trying to install V3.3.1

Postscript.
An uninstall followed by a restart still doesn't allow me to install V3.3.1, even with the virus checker and firewall turned off.

Postscript to the Postscript.
I finally managed to install V3.3.1
Seems that my XP SP2 doesn't let the Installshield installer process long filenames correctly.
I had to first extract the files from the nfw331setup.exe package, then rename nfw331NSETUP.exe to contain less than 9 characters in the basename, and then run that shortened filename.

Agent86
17th Dec 2004, 03:41
Has anyone found what is new in this version??

Does anyone else using a HP laser printer get black lines down one side of the printout from about page 3 on of a large briefing (using 3.30).

I found I had to unzip the contents of the 331 setup file to a temp folder and then run the NFWN331setup.exe file (using XP PRo). Otherwise all OK (so far).

MAx