PDA

View Full Version : B1900 endorsement

nomorecatering
14th Dec 2004, 15:49
Does anyone know if Pelair or Crane Air would do a beech1900 command endorsement. Mate of mine is looking for one for an oveseas job.

To get the command rating would he have to hold an ATPL licence. The company has specified that he needs a command rating(to fly as FO) but he only has 1,000 hrs. Dont know why they insist on a command rating for an FO but apparently thats what they want.

piontyendforward
14th Dec 2004, 18:42
Because splitting a type rating into a FO and Command type rating is a unique Aussie thing.

Most of the world has an aircraft type rating, full stop.

SsaKcaj
14th Dec 2004, 22:01
Doubt Crane Air would be able to do one as I don't think they are currently operating one. Not sure about Pel-Airs situation, they may only do it for employees. The best way to find out is to ring and ask.

Try ringing Hawker-Pacific at BK, they might be able to help you out, if not, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

No you don't need an ATPL to do a command endorsement.

mjbow2
15th Dec 2004, 00:22
Try Here (www.fti737.com)

MJB

PS you dont need US lic to do this one.

TopperHarley
16th Dec 2004, 02:48
Werent CASA going to get rid of the COPILOT type ratings and go ICAO compliant and just issue (command) type ratings ??

turbantime
16th Dec 2004, 03:57
Werent CASA going to get rid of the COPILOT type ratings and go ICAO compliant and just issue (command) type ratings ??

They will be as soon as the new CASR Part 61 is implemented. The Captain and F/O will require (command) type ratings. Co-pilot ratings will still exist but only as cruise relief pilots above 10,000ft from memory.

Last I heard these were to be implemented sometime late next year.

Aussie
16th Dec 2004, 06:06
Hey mate.

I currently fly at Crane Air and have enquired about the b1900

PM me and ill give you a number for who to contact.

CHeers

VH-VIN
16th Dec 2004, 12:12
Vincent Aviation are running a ground course in Jan for C and D.

Give them a call in Darwin or Wellington if you are keen