PDA

View Full Version : From Managed mode to Selected mode

A.FLOOR
14th Dec 2004, 10:28
What is the correct method (if there is one) to transfer from managed to selected?

Speed/Heading/VS

Do you 1st set the required value and then pull the selector knob

OR

1st pull the selector knob and then set the required value ?

Notso Fantastic
14th Dec 2004, 13:31
Would this be Boeing 767s, Bombadier Business Jets or Massey Ferguson Tractors?

A.FLOOR
14th Dec 2004, 13:45
I AM REFERING TO THE AIRBUS FAMILY

SMOC
14th Dec 2004, 23:32
Both methods depending on the situation.

GearDown&Locked
16th Dec 2004, 13:46
hmmm, and for Massey Ferguson's?...

Soft Altitude
16th Dec 2004, 14:02
Hi A.FLOOR, if you select a value then pull the knob, the aircraft often tends to react abruptly to satisfy the commanded mode, if you first pull then select the value the reaction is definitely smoother. Especially for HDG and V/S. Petite nuance. But definitely both ways are valid.
Just my experience.
Cheers

oldebloke
16th Dec 2004, 18:36
And don't forget to automatically select 'idle open' when you initially select 'heading'(first radar vector),otherwise the 'speed select'won't as the vertical speed is in the last value when you selected 'heading'-then clean up the flt plan!!...cheers:ok:

Phoenix_X
17th Dec 2004, 22:54
oldebloke, I must admit I don't get any of what you've posted there, could you enlighten me? :)

oldebloke
23rd Dec 2004, 20:39
Phoenix,it becomes automatic after awhile-4 items with the first radar vector heading:Select heading and 'heading pull'
select alt to 'idle open' to release 'verticl speed' from last value(2500)..This allows the 'speed select'to go to the required speed(if still in 'vertical speed'(2500) the magic won't slow the speed as it satisfies the vertical value still in place)
activate the 'approach mode' to slow to G/Dot when released from 'speed select',thence clean up the Flt/pln to give accurate info to landing!!
cheers...:ok:

Dan Winterland
24th Dec 2004, 07:23
Depress clutch, select new gear, reset throttle and slowly engage clutch. The procedure may be slightly different for John Deeres. ;)