PDA

View Full Version : In what RW conditions pilots couldn’t make take-off and landing.

Milan N
13th Dec 2004, 04:32
In what RW conditions pilots couldn’t make take-off and landing.
With best regards.:ok:

abra
13th Dec 2004, 06:34
Winds out of limits... something like 40 kts across a dry R/W,and 30kts across a wet one.
Runway contamination..typically>3 inches of dry snow or >1/2inch of wet snow/slush/water.Greater depths than these can affect acceleration and damage the underside of the plane.
On very short wet R/Ws,a T/O might not be possible because of performance problems.
Icy,slippery R/ws may also produce performance problems in the 'stop' case.

tescoapp
13th Dec 2004, 08:52
Fog puts a bit of a dampener on procedings. Depending on your equipment on board.

CAT 1 machines are about 250m viz for takeoff and 550m for landing depending on the airport

And a min viz takeoff is very interesting. If you have seen buck rodgers when they takeoff in there fighters. Lots of lights wizzing down your pheripal vision then rotate then super quick onto the instruments.

As a low hour FO i used to be gung ho and want to do them on my sector. Now, let the captain earn his extra pay.

tescoapp

Milan N
13th Dec 2004, 14:53
And what is the date of breaking action when flights stoped?
Sorry for my English.:)

BOAC
14th Dec 2004, 13:33
Milan - you will need to try again with your question as I do not think we can see what you are after. If it is about 'braking action', presumably you know something about it as no-one has mentioned it above, and if so, the limits vary from company to company and the actual numbers depend on how it is being measured.

If you have a couple of days spare:D you could work through this paper (http://www.asft.se/history.html)

Milan N
14th Dec 2004, 15:23
Thank you for link:ok: