PDA

View Full Version : Working as crew while training

scottwarnick
13th Dec 2004, 03:27
Hi guys, .......Just a thought.

I've read so many times of people taking three jobs or working full time and flying on the weekends, with study being taken on the tube etc....

I'm working for Emirates at the moment as crew, who are currently recruiting (not many English guys in the company), and find that with the flexible rosters, excellent pay and conditions, staff travel discounts, free accomodation inclusive of bills etc...... I have a hell of alot of time and money on my hands to study...

Not to mention layovers and allowances that are paying for study time in a nice hotel!

Ok there isn't a JAR school in Dubai but there are a few schools available for hours building etc, and with a staff travel ticket costing less than 90 quid to London and four weeks Annual leave on top of all that you can start to see the picture....

I think any airline experience is a great advantage when looking for that first job and it gives you a good chance to meet the lads who are living the dream and get on a real flight deck occasionally!

Might be worth thinking about if you are considering the Distance Learning route...

And its a chance to have at least a bit of a life? And what a laugh it can be!...

Scott:ok: