PDA

View Full Version : Will FRIs Stay?

16 blades
13th Dec 2004, 02:02
Anyone heard anything about FRIs staying / going with the redundancies approaching, rumour or otherwise?

Dancing Bear
13th Dec 2004, 15:40
16 blades

This has been covered recently in other threads which are probably still live in PPRUNE (sorry technophobe who doesnlt know how to link, any advice from those who know welcome!)but, gist of which is as follows;

Probably not staying for the Light Blue due to redunancies, but almost certainly remaining for the Dark Blue and AAC and possibly being increased for certain elements as both the FAA and AAC are desperately short in key areas. Rumours are of a doubling for the FAA Observers, we shall wait and see!!

I'm keeping everything crossed as have <3 years to the second installment and would dearly love to clear the mortgage!!

DB

16 blades
13th Dec 2004, 16:02
B@llocks! I get within sight of #2, and they pull the plug. Now all they need to do is wait until i'm just out the other side of the eligibility window and re-instate.

It'll happen.

It always does.

W@nkers.

L J R
13th Dec 2004, 17:55
I was actually looking forward to a redundancy myself.

Mikehegland
13th Dec 2004, 17:57
The FRI is alive and strong and currently serving RN Officers well. It will be around for as long as it is required.

Si Clik
13th Dec 2004, 18:02
Whilst FRI2 has now been and spent I would bet on it still paying my rent.

Oh what a glorious thing to be.

A P or O in the Queen's Navee!

:cool:

Hydraulic Palm Tree
13th Dec 2004, 19:53
If the RN and AAC are so short of pilots then why don't the drafters/posters do a bit of cross-service chatting to fill the slots. Why should an AAC/RN helo pilot get the FRI when RAF helo pilots do not. We all work for the same JOINT Helicopter Command don't we???

Nope - you're right!

HPT

16 blades
13th Dec 2004, 22:38
....because any self-respecting 'crab' wouldn't dream of transferring to a service that commits aviation as a part-time hobby....... ;-)

!!!!!
16B

Dancing Bear
14th Dec 2004, 05:37
16B

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that was just for bite value!

:mad:

DB

16 blades
14th Dec 2004, 14:57
Chomp!......................

16B