PDA

View Full Version : December Review..

chrisburden21
13th Dec 2004, 00:29
There have been a number of people, from what I can see, who have attended OASC and are waiting the outcome of the December Review.

If anyone knows about the review process could they please enlighten me as to when we are likely to hear the outcome of the review, and if anyone has already heard let us know how you got on. The waiting game is killing me!!!!!

Cheers and good luck to everyone involved.

CB.

semisonic
13th Dec 2004, 08:37
Hey, I too am up for this December review.

Hopefully I would like to hear before Christmas, so it should be in the next ten days? However, trawling around on Internet forums I found that the October review happened earlier in the month (i.e. around the 10th or something) - so maybe it has already happened?

My mind is overactive with impatience too!

Good luck!

semisonic
20th Dec 2004, 18:13
Hey guys!

December review must have taken place as I got my answer in a big fat envelope today!! Happy days!!

Any other good news?

littleme
20th Dec 2004, 19:10
Me too! Received the 'fat envelope' a week ago now. Fantastic Christmas present! Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Good luck to all those who still await and congratulations to those who are flying high at this present moment in time!

Best wishes and a Happy Christmas!

LM :ok:

chrisburden21
22nd Dec 2004, 00:08
Well done to you two,

My Christmas is going to be a good one but not for the same reasons as you two!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't accepted this time round, have to wait with everything crossed for a little longer until the February Review.

Once again well done both of you and good luck for the Future.

Have a great Christmas.

p.s Semisonic, have you been given a date for your Phase 2 Med, just curious to see how quickly it all gets done!!

semisonic
22nd Dec 2004, 10:04
Not yet.

Been told to get GP to complete medical questionnaire and return it within four weeks - then I guess they will send me part two medical information. Got IOT at the end of May though so a few months left to play around with!!

P.S. Which branch were you (and littleme) going for??

chrisburden21
22nd Dec 2004, 10:07
Thats cool, a little more freedom then.

I applied Pilot, littleme, who was on my board, got Flight Ops her first choice.

p.s Did you apply Direct Entry or have you been through a UAS?

semisonic
22nd Dec 2004, 10:36
Was through UAS. Got pilot so pretty chuffed. No idea how few they're taking this year but they are clearly foolish enough to take me! How was the OASC debrief? Damning? Said I lacked social awareness...!

Lionel Lion
22nd Dec 2004, 10:53
Damning? Said I lacked social awareness...!

You'll go a long way my boy, another member of the cause! congrats:E

littleme
22nd Dec 2004, 11:00
I got Flt Ops, which was my first choice. Would have put Pilot down but am too short! Got SSC not PC, but can't complain! Start IOT beginning of April. Shouldn't worry about what they said re. social awareness, they have to pick something out about everyone, they said my academic abilities were a worry....that was the only bad thing they said. Not too bothered, just take it with a pinch of salt! :ok:

LM

AlphaSierra
28th Dec 2004, 13:17
Ahh! Why haven't I heard yet? I'm very tempted to start fishing around in the mailbox of the empty flat that shares my block. It's overflowing with stuff! It's been two weeks and five days. Damn my impatience!

Big Cheese1
30th Dec 2004, 17:50
Littleme,

Do you mind me asking what grades you received? Mine also were not that sharpish and have therefore had to ensure that my other 'qualities' shined!

Well done on passing by the way, and to the others, and good luck for those still waiting to find out!!!!