PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford anyone

VECTOR THRUST
12th Dec 2004, 16:36
Anyone got any advice about other schools. I went down to stapleford recently and after being greeted by a couple of present students that just happened to be bloody gorgeous(female) i was quite impressed.

I thought of stapleford cause i could actually commute, saving a little money ( no rich daddy) Also after hearing some nervy stories about OBA, im goin to look at usa again. anyone there at the moment, been or goin i would be gratefull for any help

Cheers

naughtybutnice6792
12th Dec 2004, 19:08
Hey!
Well, I'm not sure what stage of flying you're at, but I fly from Stapleford at the moment. I have done my PPL, Night and ATPL theory exams, and am now hour building out of Stapleford. They are a nice bunch of people there and quite competitive rates. I'm not quite sure though about doing the rest of my training there or not. The sims are good, however, I'm wary about having to go to Southend for all the approaches and not being able to do the test on site, etc. All these things add up in my mind!
Anyway, not sure of I've been of any assistance! PM me if you've any further questions about Stapleford and I'll do my best to answer them!

G SXTY
13th Dec 2004, 11:07
Good school, good instructors, good reputation. I’ve met a number of KLMUK captains who started off at Stapleford in the dim and distant. Not much of a ‘clubby’ feel, but then again it’s not really that sort of place.

I’m not yet at CPL/IR stage, but if I was I’d have a good think about approach fees at Southend, as well as exam locations. It’s very handy being able to commute to Stapleford, but nipping round to Cranfield in a Seneca could work out rather expensive if your test gets cancelled for any reason.

AIRWAY
13th Dec 2004, 12:34
Hello,

I did part of my PPL trainning with Stapleford, and i agree with the responses, the "clubby" feeling has gone since the school is becoming more and more comercial orientated ( good sign ) which was a plus for me when i joined them, i have no complaints whatsoever. Good instructors, good aircraft availability and still a good atmosphere, ohh by the way paying for the tea after the flight is a must, it's part of the de-briefing... :}

Regards,
Airway
:8

omnidirectional
15th Dec 2004, 08:25
I done my IR at Stapleford and I would recommend to anyone. I managed to get through first time in minimum hours. Having the sim is a big help as when you go to Cranfield for the test all possible routes and approaches are second nature.

Utrinque
18th Dec 2004, 16:24
Stapleford is very good - I did my CPL and IR there (both first time passes) and then got a job flying B737-300 through the MCC programme they recommend.

Best of luck with it all - any more questions PM me.