PDA

View Full Version : a bumpy flight

bluebird121
9th Dec 2004, 10:10
:ooh: hi there .i just got back from gran canaria on monday night but it was some flight. we hit really bad turbulence and had the seat belt signs on for at least one and a half hours. and the captain(Ian) told us that he could not climb out of it as he had contacted the control tower.so although i was very nervous i remembered someone posting a thread about the pilot not being too much bothered by it unless his tea was spilt on his crossword..(when i had asked about turbulence )..so this did help me a lot so thanks again for the advice..:ok:

ALLDAYDELI
9th Dec 2004, 13:15
couldnt climb out of it?? odd - could he of descended under it instead and moved to a smoother level? what type of turb was it, rought air or strong x wind or head wind? Sounds nasty, describe it more.

GARDENER
10th Dec 2004, 08:30
I have no doubt that if the crew could have made the ride more comfortable they would have.

bluebird121
10th Dec 2004, 09:52
:) i totally agree with you . i have no complaints whatsoever about the steward/stewardesses and certainly the pilot and first officer on both the outward journey and the return journey were excellent. i have posted a message on another thread to this effect..it is just one of these things which you have to be aware of when flying.:ok: