PDA

View Full Version : Aeromadrid

GRANTS
8th Dec 2004, 20:59
can anyone say anything about this place?
they offer all kinds of Jaa training, include integrated.

Grants

JJflyer
11th Dec 2004, 16:20
Absolute garbage. Steer clear...

They will teach you to pass your exams and get a license but thats all. You will have a steep learning curve ahead of you. Rather do it properly in the first place and avoid ripoffs like this school.

Add to that they are very expensive.

JJ

GRANTS
12th Dec 2004, 14:37
have you been there?

prizefigher
12th Dec 2004, 15:46
hey im here doin integrated course in english and so far training has been top noch. no complaints and facilitys very good, if you would like to know more feel free to pm
regards

GRANTS
12th Dec 2004, 19:45
what are the job prospects?

grants

JJflyer
13th Dec 2004, 04:00
Nope. My nephew went through the school and knows nothing about anything. His instrument fkying skills are non-existent and he had problems with basics such as recognising wich runway would be used depending on the wind. NDB's? what are those. RMI use... etc. Quite awful actually. And he was not the only one. I met a few other fellows that where having same sort of problems.

My guess is that you are thought to obtain a license and very little else. Information is however available and one can patch up lacks of knowledge by some extra studies.

Just be careful as you might be up for a big suprise when coming to the real world, especially UK.

prizefigher: Just out of quriosity. who did you do your ATPL with and was it in the A320. I have been thinking about adding it to my license? With Aeromadrid perhaps?

JJ

GRANTS
13th Dec 2004, 08:18
Hey,

What you are saying is amazing.
who does the check rides?
how did they get approved?
of course I wouldn´t go to a place that teaches you less than Microsoft FS2004 does...
good I asked.

thanks,

Grants

kala87
13th Dec 2004, 11:02
JJ:

How on earth did your nephew pass the JAR IR flight test without being able to use the RMI or fly an NDB hold accurately? I'm interested because I'm considering doing the ME-IR flight training in Spain.

stratotanker135
13th Dec 2004, 12:47
Do it there, some guys have gone on too do turbo prop work for the company after completion of type rating courses. I think thats the right email address check the pilot mags

cliste
13th Dec 2004, 15:32
For the record Aeromadrid is a very professional organisation the training and facilities are excellent.

Flight Training is conducted on all types of aircraft and simulators, single engine basic, single engine complex twin engine piston, twin engine turbo-prop, twin engine turbo-jet and level d Airbus A320.

All the flight training and ground school is conducted by experienced trainers and students have ongoing asssessment. How JJflyer's nephew got through such a system is amazing. many exponents of Aeromadrid go onto Airline Careers and their training compares with any of the leading FTO's in Europe.

Regards,

Cliste

GRANTS
18th Dec 2004, 10:56
Hey Guys,

just got their syllabus for the Integrated:

170 real flight hours = 110 in basic,
30 in complex,
30 in twins.

141 simulator hours = 43 in basic simulator.
16 in Seneca II/III simulator.
20 in Beech 1900 turbo prop simulator.
32 in Beech 200 turbo prop simulator.
30 in Full Flight Airbus 320 simulator.

lots of flying for 80,000 Euro, don't you think?...

Grants

j_davey
18th Dec 2004, 19:18
for what its worth, i am strongly considering doing an integrated atpl at aeromadrid.

in fact they have an open day coming up soon.

just a quick question, do you end up with an a320 type rating? or is the simulator used just for MCC ? the brochure wasn`t too clear....

john.

GRANTS
18th Dec 2004, 20:22
But it looks like a great deal anyway...

Atlanta-Driver
26th Jan 2005, 13:57
There's a saying: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is too god to be true.

Don't let all that fancy simulator time in A320 fool you. One still has to know how to fly an airplane at the end of the day.

Keep your eyes open and ask questions around from people that have been through the school, be it Aeromadrid or any other school. Those currently going through sometimes fail to objectively evaluate their training provider as it for some people means that their decision to attend was not the correct one. Sort of "loss of face" syndrome.

When I made a plan to attend a school it was based on information I gathered from brochures etc as Internet in those times was non-existent and from the few people that I know had been to the school. If I knew then what I know today about that place, I would have taken a totally different way.

Remeber. Schools have one and only one purpose: To make money. They will do their best to get your business and your money.

Isaidleft
26th Jan 2005, 17:18
Aeromadrid appears to be very good. All schools are JAA and therefore are checked for compliance. As for some of these claims about inabilities.......maybe that is not the schools fault.

I have heard bad things about all schools (yes even Oxford, Cabair and Jerez) but also good. Visit, speak to students decide yourself

GRANTS
26th Jan 2005, 22:36
I have been there last week and got a good impression.
the facilities are great and they offer a good deal.

but, I think it depends on which market you are aiming to:
If it's the British market, Aeromadrid is completely unknown there and you will probably loose a job or two to a Jerez or an Oxford graduator.
in Spain and Holland Aeromadrid is more popular, as I understood.

Grants