PDA

View Full Version : US space agency trials primate flight training in Oz

Dookie on Drums
8th Dec 2004, 10:35
Rumour has it that a new US-based space agency is soon to trial a primate flight training program in Australia.

The company spokesman announced yesterday that they will initially employ a trained 'SS' driving Silverback to commence flight training in a specially designed Cessna 182, complete with with blocked air vents to aid in hair piece position maintenance and integrity.

"We are very excited at the prospect of primate piloted space craft and believe we will make true in-roads into the quest to make space travel affordable for all."

When asked what the first aim of the project is, the company spokesman stated that 'live-to-air' traffic radio broadcasts would be initially trialled, along with low-level beach surveillance operations to help save millions of lives each weekend.

"Not only will our primate be aiming for the stars, he will also be helping to save lives on the way.":ok:

If all goes to plan, the company will be employing hundreds of highly trained apes to fly a new and yet to be designed space passenger liners. The new airline, rumoured to be named Air Silverback, will hopefully conduct inaugural flights early in 2006. :oh:

OzExpat
9th Dec 2004, 07:11
Hmmm... Why do I think that this thread would be better received in Jetblast? :p

QNIM
9th Dec 2004, 09:27
Gday OzExpat
I seem to remember an old saying (you can teach monkeys to fly) but I bet you can't teach them to land, especially if you wish to use the aircaft again.
Cheers Q ;)

Dookie on Drums
9th Dec 2004, 09:48
Have to thank the copious amounts of beer consumed for that imaginative (yet very funny for those in the know!!) post.

Also a big :ok: to my mate for his contribution :p

Did you end up :yuk: :ugh: the next morning??

bendover_please
14th Dec 2004, 10:44
What is the go with Silverbacks or primates?

farqueue
17th Dec 2004, 14:11
Well, they have shown you only need part of a rat brain to fly! Unlike texans. So a primate should not be too much of an ask, as long as you don't run out of bananas.

Parablues
30th Dec 2004, 02:23
Monkeys? My instructor is a bit of a Hairy-Backed Tree Swinger so maybe that is the 'new job' that he keeps going on about.... It's not the first time you've "monkeyed around" in the old 210, hey Reg?