PDA

View Full Version : Burning a Power Point file

Left Coaster
7th Dec 2004, 10:12
It may have been already asked but I am trying to help my son with a geography project in which he has created a power point file. When we try to burn it onto a CD, we get the first slide and then nothing else. It's a twenty slide show and we would appreciate any advice from one of you...
Thanks in advance,
LC
PS our PC is fully "kitted"

Memetic
7th Dec 2004, 10:39
Hi Left Coaster,

I regulary distribute powerpoint presentations on CD, they run fine direct from the CD complete with builds etc.

How you get the data on to the CD varies depending on the CD burning software you are using. All we do once the presentaion is finished is shut down the is make a data cd, containing just the .ppt file that we need. An alternative is to use the powerpoint "pack and go" tool and burn the file that creates to the CD, this means the end user does not need powerpoint.

I think to help you solve this one you'll need to tell us what CD burning software you are using and the steps you are going through other wise you might get a bunch of suggestions that are not relevant to your set up.

Best regards

Memetic.

Maxflyer
7th Dec 2004, 12:27
Try saving the presentation as a PPS file. It might help?

Cheers

BRL
7th Dec 2004, 13:48
I have done loads for training at work. I save the presentation to the desktop, then use Nero to burn it on to a blank disk. I have Power Point on the lappy at work, don't know if it works without.
Good luck!

Front_Seat_Dreamer
7th Dec 2004, 21:08
Left Coaster

If you have a newish version of Powerpoint then go to File - Package for CD and follow the prompts.

If however you don't have the version that does this then re-open it and save it as a PPS which will definitely do the trick for you.

Good luck.

Left Coaster
9th Dec 2004, 06:10
Thanks to all for the advice, got it to work with the help of what you guys posted.
Best Wishes to all this Holiday Season!
LC:ok: