PDA

View Full Version : Essendon Airport - Independence day :)

John Eacott
6th Dec 2004, 10:05
Excuse the large image, but Independence Day arrived at Essendon this evening........:cool:

http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/Ski/Melb%20storm%2003a.jpg

Hudson
6th Dec 2004, 11:27
What a fine photograph. Around the same time I saw a 737 climbing out from Tullamarine 09 as thunder and lightning was very close to the field. While the view from the ground can be misleading, my first thought was why the blinding hurry to get airborne in the midst of such potential danger.

maxgrad
6th Dec 2004, 11:31
Giday john
from a previous heli washer.

nice pic but would be interested to see what that painted on the wx radar

Sunfish
6th Dec 2004, 21:15
It was a big splodge on the WX radar with lots of yellow and red bits:p

Philthy
7th Dec 2004, 09:50
I watched it on the BoM weather radar feed all evening. Impressive.

Glad I worked a morning shift yesterday, though...

Dog One
7th Dec 2004, 10:05
Nice photo John, one wouldn't want to be departing 35. BTW, how do you insert a photo?

gaunty
7th Dec 2004, 12:36
John

Fantastic pic.

Is that a manifestation of the famous Melbourne eddy??

John Eacott
7th Dec 2004, 22:31
D1,

To insert a photo, you have to have it hosted (or located) somewhere on the web, then link to it when posting by selecting the IMG button, and inserting the url for the picture. If you don't have the picture on the web, e mail it to me & I'll host it (800 x 600 max, 640 x 480 preferred).

Gaunty,

Probably, but the swirl was going clockwise....very strange weather, strong easterlies, weather pattern going West instead of East.

You should have seen the bank runners coming in X wind on 17, then dashing in to shut down before it all hit. One nearly groundlooped when a gust hit as he was taxiing downwind :eek: