PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Air New Hires

Heilhaavir
3rd Dec 2004, 21:06
Since Atlas Air has hired a bunch of New Hires for their Stansted base, what kind of work permit or "resident" visa (if that even exists) are they required to get? How long are these work permits issued for? Are they supposed to pay taxes in the UK or is there a UK/US bilateral agreement? Is there a limit to the number of US pilots allwed to live and work out of the UK for a US company?
Anyone??

Ct.Yankee
5th Dec 2004, 16:47
The new hires for Atlas, not AACS are officially based in the US.
The European flying( note the word European), not Stanstead, is considered a part of a US originating and terminating pattern.

Heilhaavir
5th Dec 2004, 20:15
I agree somewhat Ct., but the New Hires at Atlas Air were told they would be "based" in Stanstead, that they would get a moving allowance and then be on their own.... So wether the trip pairings originate and end in the US, THEY are still BASED in the UK (reside there), they still have to sign a rental lease of some sort, therefore my question, how do they get around the right of abode eligibility.....
I'm a bit confused, can any UK nationals educate me?

WhaleDriver
6th Dec 2004, 01:54
None, that I know of are living in Europe. They all comute to the EU from the US, with arond 18 day trips. Many operate to Europe out of the US.

Heilhaavir
7th Dec 2004, 21:19
Well, not trying to argue with you guys. According to the latest batch of New Hires, (just met a couple of them) they say they were told BASE is Stanstead, will receive a "moving allowance" and then they'll be on their own... Since usually when you receive money to move it means you'll have to get your own place to live, it didn't sound like commuting.