PDA

View Full Version : Recommand me some FAA ATPL Distance Learning program?

rykin
3rd Dec 2004, 13:46
Preferbly a program you went through or heard about?

Thanks and regards.

okie, looked through a few old posts and found one that looked ok " Bristol Ground School "

Any others? :)

edit: edited my typo. thx flighttime2.0 ^^

flighttime2.0
3rd Dec 2004, 14:55
hi rykin

don't know if it's a typing error but your post ask's about an faa atpl distant learning package !!!!
The faa don't have the atpl exam's and Bristol groundschool is jaa !! do a search on groundschools and you will get all the info you need .flighttime.

WX Man
4th Dec 2004, 13:57
OK, if it really is the FAA ATP exams that you are going to be taking, then you can either get the Jeppesen book and work your way through that (go to Pilot Warehouse, Flightstore, Transair will be able to advise you), or get the red Gleam book. About 2 inches thick, full of every question the FAA could ask you.... it depends if you want to do it 'properly', or just get the tick in the box!!!

If it's a typo and you're looking for a JAA ATPL distance learning course, go first of all to http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/fcl/default.asp?page=2863, and click 'standards document 31'. This lists all the schools in the UK currently approved to do JAA ATPL groundschool (and other training, CPL flying, IR modular, CPL/IR integrated etc). Just bear in mind that the list isn't updated more than about once a year, so there may be some schools which aren't included.

FWIW I believe the GTS manuals are very easy to understand, well written and the instructors there are very knowledgable.

helicopter-redeye
6th Dec 2004, 08:40
I agree with WX Man, the GTS course is very good, and the instructors top notch.

h-r