PDA

View Full Version : IRI and CRI

Ananas
2nd Dec 2004, 15:22
I have a simple FI for some years already, but always wanted to upgrade it to teach IF and ME.
Now that I will have the time (and £$€) I wonder if anyone on this forum has done this recently.
Reading the Jar regulations the course consists of 5 hours flight training. I know I will learn absolutely nothing more than I already know, in these 5 hours, so I am looking for the best deal; cheapest/fastest.

Any advice is welcome.

FlyingForFun
3rd Dec 2004, 17:32
Can't speak for you, but I don't think I've ever flown with an instructor and not learnt something. Even if the only thing I've learnt is how not to instruct. (In fact, come to think of it, I try to learn something from everyone I fly with, whether student, new PPL or experienced pilot.)

Also bear in mind (if you didn't know already) that there is a minimum hours requirement for becoming an IRI. Can't remember exactly (but it will be in LASORS) - I think it's something like either 200 hours IFR or 50 hours simulated IFR. Sure someone will correct me if I've got it wrong.

FFF
------------

African Drunk
4th Dec 2004, 15:20
Ananas

To be honest pretty negative attitude. As a IRI/CRI I would be suprised if you know everything now.

If you want good courses where you will learn alot try ethier On track aviation or Aeros.