PDA

View Full Version : Bmi Lcy

Wanabee,Gunnabee,Am
2nd Dec 2004, 11:28
I was in LCY the other day and heard a Midland Callsign.

An ATR in a strange colour scheme with BMI written on the side. Anyone know who operates it and where to?

BombardierCR7
2nd Dec 2004, 11:33
ATR 42 of Air Atlantique operating for BMI Regional.

From/to Leeds

Colourscheme advertising Manchester-Caribbean flights with BMIR titles

snbower
2nd Dec 2004, 11:34
Looking at London City's website, BMI operate to Frankfurt and Leeds/Bradford. I know the LBA flight uses a Dash 8 normally, but don't have any info. on the Frankfurt trip.

hope this helps a little

Si

BombardierCR7
2nd Dec 2004, 11:45
snblower

BMI do not operate LCY-FRA. It is a codeshare with Lufthansa.
The LBA flight is most definately an ATR42 (LBA based) and not a Dash 8

Wanabee,Gunnabee,Am
2nd Dec 2004, 12:46
It was definately an ATR that I saw, thanks for the replies.

Conc
2nd Dec 2004, 16:03
It is an ATR-42 registered G-DRFC. Air Atlantique are operating the aircraft on behalf of BMI Regional.

we_never_change
2nd Dec 2004, 17:05
It's not called Air Atlantique any more after the management buy out last year, the ATR42 is leased from:

ATLANTIC AIR TRANSPORT LTD
DAKOTA HOUSE
COVENTRY AIRPORT WEST, BAGINTON
COVENTRY
CV8 3AZ
UNITED KINGDOM

btw, DRFC stands for Doncaster Rovers Football Club
(useless bit of info)

:8

WNC

Thunder Child
3rd Dec 2004, 09:34
That's funny as underneath the Captain's window it says it's operated by Air Atlantique.......

Is the sticker out of date?!

Conc
3rd Dec 2004, 11:04
No the sticker is not out of date and there is the same sticker on the other ATR operating for BMI Regional

Stand 22
8th Dec 2004, 23:38
It was Atlantic Airlines who were the subject of a management buy out, not Air Atlantique.

Atlantic Air Transport are part of the Air Atlantique Group along with Atlantic Reconnaissance, Air Atlantique Classic Flight, CFS Aeroproducts, Atlantic Aeroengineering, Highland Airways, Aviation Heritage and Classic Aviation Projects.

Atlantic Express has been absorbed into Atlantic Air Transport and its aircraft have lost the 'Express' titles.

Still with me?!

Conc
10th Dec 2004, 20:26
Actually the ATRs are operated by Highland Airways another one of the many companies that are part of the Air Atlantique/Atlantic Air Transport Group.

we_never_change
10th Dec 2004, 20:33
Didn't HWY just have ATR42 GIONA which was returned to AAG. I think GDRFC (ex Cimber Air machine) was delivered direct to CVT & put straight into service with AAG

WNC

Stand 22
10th Dec 2004, 21:27
Didn't HWY just have ATR42 GIONA which was returned to AAG. I think GDRFC (ex Cimber Air machine) was delivered direct to CVT & put straight into service with AAG

Both ATR are on Highlands AOC at the moment, although I believe that is due to change.

If I remember correctly, IONA was brought in by Highland for a newspaper/mail run, however the contract ended and they had no further use for it. It then spent some time sat at Coventry before being pressed into service by Atlantic Air Transport for ad-hoc freight and passenger flights.

I suspect the ATR has been Atlantique's saving grace going on the lack of DC6 action this year.

WHBM
17th Dec 2004, 13:53
The cabin safety cards inside G-DRFC are certainly headed "Highland Airways" with their eagle logo, and the foreign language summary includes a bit in Gaelic ! This is all rather a surprise as the cards are labelled for G-DRFC and its operation otherwise has no indication of Highland Airways at all.