PDA

View Full Version : Scenics From YPJT

Fission
2nd Dec 2004, 10:52
Hi,

I'm hiring a plane out of JT to get away from the daily grind :) Can anyone recommend places to look at, fly over - all squeezed into an hours flight .

TIA

Fizzy

Islander Jock
2nd Dec 2004, 14:38
I'd suggest something like:
YPJT - Rottnest Island- Observation City - Mullaloo Point - Perth City (2 x laps)- Cottesloe, then maybe south towards Rockingham and back into Jandakot either via shipyard or Forrestdale.

You could also try the above but from Perth city track out towards the hills then down to Canning Dam.

Towering Q
3rd Dec 2004, 05:13
Whilst at Rotto conduct a coastal lap at 500ft...awesome.:ok:

Checkerboard
3rd Dec 2004, 13:20
Hey Fizzy,

Whats wrong with a Taska 5 BUI transition???:O

Fission
4th Dec 2004, 02:12
C Board - I've done 5 of those this week + a Pj2 ;-) want to get out there and stooge around in something to go see the sights.

Sounds like up the coast and then down through the hills is the go - anybody know how to read a VFR chart - looks complicated to me :) :E

Fear is associated with flying over Rotto - I've done far too many IR tests over there to be relaxed in a bugsmasha :}

Fizzy

tinpis
4th Dec 2004, 02:14
Flee fer ya life from the land of the Sand People.

compressor stall
4th Dec 2004, 07:07
What about a navex in a 172, out to the goldfields, MMI, LTN, MEK....

swh
4th Dec 2004, 08:34
Stallie..

You would want to be a "vampire" "vengance" "blackjack" etc to fit that in a scenic in one hour :)...and then JT would not be the place for that !

:ok:

Towering Q
4th Dec 2004, 14:09
Fission, I know where you're coming from but you were under the hood back then. You never got to appreciate the scenery.

The only time I got to sneak a peek out the window was inbound on the approach, whilst checking compass aligned with DG, to make sure everything was where it should be.

A peek is worth a thousand scans.:ok:

compressor stall
4th Dec 2004, 21:19
True, SWH I was exercising some poetic licence.

'Course Fission, you could pax back to DN and get to BTI and back in one hour in a 172 for old times' sake! :ugh: