PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 Type Rating Test - Where?

Boomerang
2nd Dec 2004, 08:19
Does anybody know where, (apart from CAE in Spain who don't seem to know what a Dash 8 type rating test is), one can can get a Dash 8 endorsement. Due to previous experience on type I am only interested in converting the ICAO type rating to a JAA type rating, not the full endorsement ($$$) all over again.

Anyone? Please?

redsnail
2nd Dec 2004, 10:43
G'day Boomerang,
You'll need a list of TRTO's. (Type rating training organisations).
The UK CAA has this Doc 31 (http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1211)
You'll need to find a TRTO that has Dash 8s and who will also take on an outside candidate.
Many don't because you'll have to have your check observed by a CAA examiner as well as the TRE. Organising them is an interesting challenge and can take a few months to get one.

lookoutbelow
2nd Dec 2004, 11:01
Hi,

Try visiting the JAA website www.jaa.nl. I believe there is a link on their which takes you to a page where you can view the TRTO's listed in all the JAA states (although last time I looked a few of the newer states were yet to provide listings!).

I am pretty sure there is a German TRTO that do the Dash 8 rating and perhaps one in scandinavia (sweden I think).

Regards