PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Citizenship

murphywnj
1st Dec 2004, 07:58
I was looking at the Cathay and Dragonair requirements for both cadet schemes and it states that you need to be a Hong Kong resident. I was wondering if there was anybody that could help me out with looking into immigration for a current British Passport holder?

idg
1st Dec 2004, 08:45
Sorry Murph you need to live here for seven years before you can get permanent residence.
Guess you could renounce your Brit passport and take up Chinese citizenship though! :hmm:

WrongWayCorrigan
1st Dec 2004, 09:01
He didn't say'permanent' resident. You can become a resident of HK fairly easily.

Jim

murphywnj
1st Dec 2004, 11:12
What is the difference? I had heard from someone that the promise of employment (e.g. a place on the course) would be enough to get the right to work, and that would be enough to gain a place on the course.

I know it all sounds a bit risky, confusing and time consuming but im just exploring every possibility!

404 Titan
1st Dec 2004, 13:44
WrongWayCorrigan

Well maybe he should have because the Cathay requirements definitely say you need to be a Permanent Resident of Hong Kong to apply for the Cadet program. Without looking I would imagine Dragon Air are the same. To get Permanent residency in Hong Kong you need to have had residency here for seven years. They are the facts. End of story.

murphywnj
1st Dec 2004, 13:58
Ok guys thankyou for your help, as I said im investigating all routes into aviation and this was just one other.

WrongWayCorrigan
2nd Dec 2004, 04:29
Point taken.

What a privileged bunch we are.

Jim