PDA

View Full Version : Air traffic information...

SteveW
29th Nov 2004, 19:44
Hi.

I would be interested in any information relating to the news item below;

a) Would I be able to get air traffic reports for that day?
b)Would anybody in Cardiff airport or St Athens base be able to comment on the sighting?
c) If this object is real, as witnessed by others, what explanation could there be?

Please feel free to contact me in confidence if you have any information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thursday, October 14, 2004, at 10 p.m., Mark A. was driving about four miles (7 kilometers) west of Cardiff, South Wales, UK when he had a most unusual encounter.

"I was driving along a fairly busy road heading west just outside of Cardiff city," Mark reported, "Something caught my eye, so I pulled over. I also noticed that other people, about 15 other drivers, had done the same and were now outside their vehicles looking up at what I just couldn't believe. At about 3,000 feet (900 meters) was the largest flying object that I have ever seen. Something like, say, the new Airbus A380, not yet in service, or a Boeing 747, that would have been dwarfed by it. The crazy thing was--absolute silence!"

"We stood dumbstruck as this thing moved slowly through the air almost directly above us. There was also complete silence from everyone observing this amazing event from the roadside. Other drivers were now stopping, and people were getting out of their cars to take a look."

"I am a pilot and have a fairly good idea of how motions of normal aircraft can 'trick' people into seeing a UFO. This was in no way normal. There is an international airport located about four miles (7 kilometers) west of the sighting site. My next move was to telephone the Control tower at the airport and ask if anything unusual had just taken off. Air traffic control said that a (Boeing) 737 had just departed a few minutes ago. This object was too big and too silent to be a 737. I then asked if they had anything on radar. 'Nothing,' they said."

Mark then called the Cardiff RAF base. "Again, 'nothing.' This thing was almost the size of a very large container ship. It didn't have any visible wings or any other way of showing how it could stay in the air. If I saw it on the ground, I would bet money that it was not able to fly."

"The weather was good with ten miles' (16 kilometers') visibility. There were light clouds at 500 feet (150 meters) and very light winds. I watched this object keep the same speed and height (altitude) and then it passed behind some mountains to the northeast of Cardiff."

Two days later, on Saturday, October 16, 2004, Mark added, "I saw a friend and told him about the sighting. He was almost speechless when I started to describe the same thing that he had seen moments after me. He had been out with a girl friend and was driving home when she spotted the object from her passenger seat. They both got out of the car, along with the other road users who had stopped their cars. Almost a reconstruction of what had happened five minutes ago (earlier, with Mark--J.T.), only it was happening now to the northeast of Cardiff city. His account is identical to mine in the size and height of the object, speed (about 50 knots--M.A.). I would love to know what I and everyone else that night had seen." (Email Form Report)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Nov 2004, 19:58
It's a shame that the writer, who claims to be a pilot, hasn't placed a posting here himself.

I'm a UFO "enthusiast", having been intimately involved with enough during my career to make me take notice.. However, I ask why this never hit the headlines of the national dailes... or did I miss something? An object as big as a flying container ship should, one imagine's, have hit the national headlines world-wide.

Hope you get some feedback..

JustaFew
4th Dec 2004, 16:56
'intimately involved'....????

Do explain, Bren...

side-saddled
6th Dec 2004, 10:26
Hmmmm...........

Large flying silent container ship type thing at constant height and speed in light winds.

Did it say GOODYEAR down the side? ;)