PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory Provider

Queenslander
27th Nov 2004, 07:50
Who would be the best theory provider for doing the JAA ATPL theory subjects, and what approach would be recommended i.e. distance learning or attendance. I have done the Australian ATPL’s but was told that I would need to complete the whole JAA ATPL course.

Any advise on the theory provider would be excellent.

Queenslander

stratotanker135
27th Nov 2004, 08:55
Good day I did my PPL down in Auz with old bob harris in Innesfail, spent some time riding the surf in fingal coolangatta, loved it Gts is the place for you. A kiwi just (8 months ago) did his there and now flys at flyjet a 767. He came up and sat both modules and passed all first time it took him 2 weeks groundschool then one week exams a week off then 2 weeks groundschool then one week exams, finished, spent a month looking for a job. Now hes happy at flyjet. You need to speak to Roger Henshaw at GTS, if you need any more help PM me.

redsnail
27th Nov 2004, 11:11
Queenslander,
If you're happy with Distance Learning then have a chat with Alex at Bristol Ground School. My bloke went there and he reckoned it was one of the best presented theory courses he's done. Got them knocked over in 2 months with first time passes. (he was flying 737s for Ansett though). Very reasonably priced.
If you can do the Aus ATPL then you'll be ok for the JAR but you can't be slack though. :)
I know Alex and Mike B, bloody good blokes and you won't go wrong.
As an aside, I did my theory full time at ATA. Sadly, they don't exist any more.

helicopter-redeye
27th Nov 2004, 15:06
I heard about that Kiwi who went to GTS at Bournmouth from another source.

Back to back phase 1 and 2 was pretty impressive. Brain must have been fried at the end.

:cool:

redsnail
27th Nov 2004, 15:58
Nah, the big fella's not a kiwi, he went to BGS. Actually, he spent a few days in class nursing a hangover. He tells me he fell asleep a few times in class too.
"Mr Motivation" was his nick.
I guess that pickled his brain more than any thing. :)