PDA

View Full Version : NAC Part 4

Dj Dave
27th Nov 2004, 02:40
Today NAC's 310 was blocking runway 11 for about 30 mins. Heard the inbound QF saying he would have to divert to TN as he could not land on 18. I guess it was lucky they towed the 310 out of the way on time , who would have paid for the diversion bill !!! (can always try to get money out of HA)

I think it was a flat tyre...

Howard Hughes
27th Nov 2004, 04:56
Why did'nt you just add this to NAC part 3?

I mean for once we managed not to get the thread locked!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

DUXNUTZ
27th Nov 2004, 05:10
G'day Dave!!!!

Mate, just pondering the scenario of the QF plane trying to get fuel from the infamously reliable (not) tindal refueler!!!!!!

"Yeah i'll come and fill you up some time after i have lunch"

cheers

The Voice
27th Nov 2004, 10:42
Dux .. the refueller you mention .. is that the present one, or one previous?

Dj Dave
28th Nov 2004, 01:21
Yeah , still is Hammer.

Last time i was there, he could only refuel between 7.00-8.30 am and 4.00-5.00 pm

His excuse was yeah nah i got me wife and kids to look after in town. He actually made us wait too farken long everytime i came there from the community. the worst i had was two hrs and a half i think.

i can imagine the face of the 767 capt if he'd ask him for the call out fee , cash only and no he can't write you a receipt for that said call out fee.... :}

Baron Captain ?
29th Nov 2004, 04:35
So was this incident caused by an in-experienced ****
flying a twin when should be still on a single?????

I don't wish to upset anyone, but just wondering if HA's place of business is like a loose cannon of in-experience waiting to have a huge accident????.. That is after the **** came in..Has it changed since this or not??????

Or was it just a simple flat tyre that could happen to anyone??

DUXNUTZ
29th Nov 2004, 05:48
Baron Capt get a grip man!

Whilst the goings on at NAC are pretty crappy the allusion that flying a twin vs a single is soo different is pretty narrow minded in my opinion.... and about par for the opinions of most operators up in the NT.

Keep it real dude

-Nutz

Baron Captain ?
29th Nov 2004, 09:20
I am trying to keep it real, and I never said that it was a big jump...

BUT, trust me I have seen some people with 400 hours struggle to buggery with a C210, let alone flying IFR in a C310..

I have seen some dodgy stuff go on up in darwin in past years, like a B58 doing engine run-ups prior to oil change on a hundred hourly, with one of the engines running out of fuel.... The evening before it was flown by a "younger" hour type pilot with pollies on board.....

So I may not be in darwin right now, nor pointing fingers or being unreal, but was just asking how THINGS WERE GOING THESE DAYS...!!

gary gearbox
29th Nov 2004, 12:24
I think a few of those big planes that go real high have come close to running out of fuel. Actually i heard a few have, and they had lotsa people on em! Gez those airline captains must all be dodgy hey.

the wizard of auz
29th Nov 2004, 12:54
Or the pilot left the fuel cocks open overnight and parked on a not perfectly level surface. :hmm:
Real Dodgy. :rolleyes:

compressor stall
29th Nov 2004, 21:19
I am just shocked that Hammer is still at YPTN!

CS - Katherine class of 2000.

funboy
2nd Dec 2004, 04:02
the road to hell is often paved with good intentions!!!!!!:ok:

Dj Dave
12th Dec 2004, 01:44
Yee nah

The famous former CP of Air Ngukurr is now wearing his brown shirt, a NT news source said.

H.E., of Cullen Bay, has recently joined the NAC workforce. It is unknown whether he signed THE contract.

Furthermore, his wife, who worked as an operations manager for AN, is also going to work for Stefan.

Finally, Stefan got his Kiwi friends to bring a couple of planes along so they could all have a lot of fun together, when these three people would have ripped each other's heads off six months ago.

Watch out CASA, NAC brown shirts may soon have sheite streaks on them.

Stars Jewel
12th Dec 2004, 02:29
I think if you do your research you will find that NAC have an EBA. There is no contract to be offered to new employees anymore.

A AFAP and HA EBA has been negotiated.

Dj Dave
12th Dec 2004, 06:44
Stars jewel,

a search on wagenet and AFAP returned nothing. If such an EBA is out, then would you be kind enough to post a link here.

To quote JP,…

The supposed EBA negotiations have been sitting in HA's court for 2 months now... and nothing!

Me thinks this is still the case.

Howard Hughes
12th Dec 2004, 21:12
Now let me get this straight, we now have HA, HE and R-R-Ray all working cohesively together?

Who would have thought?

Cheers, HH.

G.A. Boy
12th Dec 2004, 23:57
Exactly right. Who would have thought that they would have all joined forces. How the Darwin aviation scene has changed in recent times. :ouch:

Stars Jewel
14th Dec 2004, 01:56
Well I can tell you that the Pilots at NAC are now getting paid by the agreed EBA. The EBA works out great for the satff at NAC. And Negotiations based on the EBA for Back pay will be on the cards soon. It takes time from both Parties.

We all know that there are other Companies on the Airport not paying the award. Now that NAC have an EBA I wonder if the same interest will be given to those companies that are paying well below the AWARD.

Including AN, Apparently pilots are being paid two different rates, one for office duties than another for flying duties. E.g work in office til lunch at an office rate, than work over 4 hours duty but on get paid for 2 hours.?? Is this true I'm sure J.P can enlighten us on those practices.

helldog
16th Dec 2004, 04:44
Awesome, what at team. Three, four years ago, if you wanted to take a bet on that team getting together.......I would have given you 3 billion to one. HE is probablly plotting the downfall of Air Ngukurr now. Let me give him some help, one word......arson[hope I spelled it correct]:uhoh:

Jawz
17th Dec 2004, 03:22
Is that true about AN stars jewel? Come on JP tell us if it is true?
Surely it cant be seeing that Jon Pierre started this whole NAC thread on not paying the award?

Should we start a new thread for every company in Darwin now that NAC have their ****e togeather?

Jawz

cheezy charlie
18th Dec 2004, 01:55
Hay there Helldog,
AN won't need to be sabotage, it is in self distruct mode with the fantastic three, CP:RH, CO:NB, and the the sticks his nose where the sun don't shine to get ahead PH running the show. It is all just a matter of Time. you have to ask yourself why all the good people have flown the coop.

captwawa
18th Dec 2004, 16:59
Its good to see that the EBA has made the little drunk leprechaun finally play by the rules - hell it only took him 9 months

Are the guys/girls that stood up for all pilots against HA (or whatever other name he tries to disguise himself with) still got jobs?

The ones that signed the contracts are they now on the EBA also? Shame that they didn't all stick together... but now they probably get the benefit of an EBA when others had to put their flying in jeopardy.

So has backpay been paid now Stars Jewel - HA can't get out of that can he? I'm sure that HA would hate paying it.

Well done to those who told HA to shove his 'contract'

PS Hammer apparently reads pprune!!!!!!

Troopy
19th Dec 2004, 00:40
well well I would like to be a fly on the wall in the old NAC office with those two clowns running the show.
I guess HA needed the planes and Honke just happens to have two. I remember flying UBK (Utter Bucket of Krap) out of Kiana one day with three people and only getting 200ft/min. Level off build up speed climb, level off build up speed climb.

DUXNUTZ
19th Dec 2004, 04:46
Troopy....

Yeah gotta love the old Kiana Station, black soil and higher terrain on upwind. Always enjoyed taking off outta there at MTOW.

Have they done anything to Bulman - Delara yet?

Always fun talking bout the territory

-Dux

58driver
19th Dec 2004, 05:08
Hey I heard that AN ran the bandit out of fuel on the runway on return from bathurst the other day. Would anyone like to comment on that? It seems that they are sealing their fate with 3 fuel related incidents in the last 8 months.

Troopy
19th Dec 2004, 06:10
Dux

Couldnt tell you about Bulman, Its been a few years since I have flown those areas but still funny thinking about those places.
The other dodgy strip was Limmen Bight Station, I remember 5 AN planes there at once, you had to make sure you pulled up in time or you would take out the other aircraft parked at the end. :ouch:
I also have a photo where the grass is touching the wing tips of the 210 and you can just make out the strip by two tyre marks :E

Troopy

DUXNUTZ
20th Dec 2004, 04:41
Troopy...

Would enjoy a copy of that photo, will PM you an address. Limmen Bight Station, sounds familiar but i am thinking of a ranger station near NGU (Nathan River) me thinks. Can't help but wonder how those poor guys are sitting out there in the absolute middle of nowhere with nothing to do but fish...... hmmm on second thought!

Don't ya think someone should post some piccies of the accom for AN boys in those parts on the net....... would be good for some to see how the other half live!

cheers

tinpis
20th Dec 2004, 05:04
Back in the 1880s, the outpost of Borroloola had a reputation as a bit of a redneck town , peopled with all sorts of strange characters who worked at the port and on the surrounding stations. Today, the town is a fishing port and regional centre for local properties and mines. Facilities include a hotel, various forms of accommodation, fuel, mechanical repairs, general stores, boat hire, police, medical centre, post office and banking agencies.

Yeah right :hmm:

Counter-rotation
20th Dec 2004, 10:51
Apparently Bulman will be sealed next dry. Hodgson Downs now sealed, but there's opposition to an obstacle light on the sacred hill(?) there. So no lights.
Was at Nathan River last week - definately not sealed! Ha Ha Ha...
:rolleyes:
CR

compressor stall
20th Dec 2004, 10:58
HDD sealed, but is it any longer? Those trees used to come up pretty bloody fast in my old 402 with anythin over 4 pax....

Remember the doc asking me how many pax I wanted to take out of there. I said, "the book says we can take 7, but any more than 4 and I get scared".

We took 4. :8

Howard Hughes
20th Dec 2004, 20:46
Back in the 1880s, the outpost of Borroloola had a reputation as a bit of a redneck town , peopled with all sorts of strange characters who worked at the port and on the surrounding stations.

So what's changed?

It was still like that last time I was there, 4 years ago!!

Cheers, HH.

DUXNUTZ
21st Dec 2004, 04:27
Wonder what eh description of burketown would be.....

maxgrad
21st Dec 2004, 06:56
Comp Stall
HDD is longer , about1000 or 1100m and no lights due the telstra tower at community end of strip

Any AN guys remember a certain s gun and the antics all got up to with it?:E

Troopy
21st Dec 2004, 23:05
Ahh the Old spud gun

boy did we have some fun with that. I also remember the cane toad drive by's in the old delica.And the night ops to roper bar.